Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Member

Arrow spline measurement

Anyone have a spline measurement tool for wooden arrows?

Have you tried 3 rivers archery? Also, it's spine not spline...not to be a spelling nazi, just to aid in your search.

https://www.3riversarchery.com/

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    Have you tried 3 rivers archery? Also, it's spine not spline...not to be a spelling nazi, just to aid in your search.

https://www.3riversarchery.com/
    Sorry, I do not.
    I'm sorry, because I live nearby and I (often) shoot wood arrows.
    However, a friend makes mine.

It looks easy to make a tester though.
    Just Google it.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

I do
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    Also, it's spine not spline...
    Spline is just fine. Back in the days of nothing but cedar, I never heard anyone say spine.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Check out knoblock hardware in flint they had one not long ago. Plus it’s a cool place

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Spline is just fine. Back in the days of nothing but cedar, I never heard anyone say spine.
    With all due respect (I have been at this a long time too), the correct term has always been "spine."
    There is no usage/definition of the word, spline that describes the stiffness of an arrow.

spine
    /spīn/
    noun: spine; plural noun: spines
    a series of vertebrae extending from the skull to the small of the back, enclosing the spinal cord and providing support for the thorax and abdomen; the backbone.
    synonyms: backbone, spinal column, vertebral column, vertebrae; More
    a thing's central feature or main source of strength.
    "players who will form the spine of our team"
    synonyms: mainstay, backbone, cornerstone, foundation, basis
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Check with MJC in Royal Oak, or Adams in Millan. Probably a bit of a drive for you, but I'm nearly certain Adams does.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    the correct term has always been "spine."
    There is no usage/definition of the word, spline that describes the stiffness of an arrow.
    Howard Hill, when ordering arrows from my Dad, a custom arrow maker way back when, specified the spline he needed. Good enough for Mr Hill - good enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    Howard Hill, when ordering arrows from my Dad, a custom arrow maker way back when, specified the spline he needed. Good enough for Mr Hill - good enough for me!
    Did he make them out of pert oxford cider?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast