Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

The Top 10 Gun Laws Americans Really Need

The Top 10 Gun Laws Americans Really Need

By Mark Overstreet
    The Federalist
    September 10th. 2019

1. Repeal the Gun Control Act’s (GCA, 196 prohibition on young adults buying handguns.
    2. Repeal the GCA’s prohibition on buying a handgun from a firearm dealer outside your home state.
    3. Repeal or amend the Gun Free School Zones Act.
    4. Pass national right-to-carry reciprocity legislation.
    5. Amend the GCA’s firearm importation law.
    6. Amend the GCA’s “armor piercing ammunition” law.
    7. Repeal the GCA’s prohibition on using imported parts to assemble a semi-automatic rifle.
    8. Repeal the National Firearms Act’s (NFA) restrictions on “silencers.”
    9. Repeal the NFA’s restrictions on short-barreled rifles and remove shotguns from the NFA’s definition of “destructive device.”
    10. Change the NFA’s definition of “machinegun” and repeal the 1986 ban on new “machineguns.”

MGO Member
    I'm all for all of the above, but I don't see any of them happening in the near future.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jmonarch View Post
    I'm all for all of the above, but I don't see any of them happening in the near future.
    I feel this way sometimes until I remember that prohibition was repealed, and that individual states are legalizing marijuana which will eventually lead to federal legalization.

Never thought I would see legal marijuana in my lifetime but here we are. There is hope.