Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Ruger MK2 22 pistol going into battery issues

I have a ruger MK2 22 pistol, that I have never had an issue with and have owned new for 15 years. Have put many rounds through it and have had no issues. Only cleaning has been on the barrel. Since I have never taken apart to clean the internals, I thought it would be good to do. Checked many videos on how to take apart and did with no issue. Also reviewed many videos on putting back together. All seemed well. However when I shot it after getting back together it will load and fire a shot, but won't go into battery fully on follow up shots. Also the bolt seems to be dragging now. The bolt is slightly our of battery (less than 1/8"). If I push the bolt forward it will fire. Not sure what was up, so took apart again and I can see wear marks on the pin that goes through the bolt carrier, wasn't there before. Not sure why this is the case, as there doesn't look to be anything that could cause it to get our of alignment. Gun is properly lubed.

Any ideas what is going on? Any one else have this problem?

Crude in the extractor cut in the barrel?
    I had a similar problem with lube and powder fowling building up in my 10/22 that cleared up when it was removed
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    The hammer strut is probably not where it's supposed to be.
    Last edited by Remo; 09-18-2019 at 12:36 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Figured it out. Ejector was bent and rubbing on the bolt. Thanks for the input.
    Last edited by polishnightmare; 09-29-2019 at 09:00 PM.