Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

View Poll Results: What time should the start of this event begin?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4:00pm

2 11.11%
  • 5:00pm

5 27.78%
  • 5:30pm

6 33.33%
  • 6:00pm

5 27.78%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

DECEMBER 13, 2019 - HOLIDAY MEMBERS GET-TOGETHER & FREE FUN SHOOT!

This year, MGO will be at Recoil Firearms in Taylor, MI for our annual Holiday Member's Get-Together & FREE Fun Shoot!

Recoil Firearms
    22509 Ecorse Rd.
    Taylor, MI 48180

The DATE is Friday, December 13, 2019 @ 5:30pm
    Everybody is welcome! Bring your family, friends, neighbors…everyone!

Traditionally, we have held this event at Firing Line in Westland, MI. However, we outgrew them and it was standing room only for the past few years!

The starting time is 5:30pm.

Here is their form that will need to be completed (range rules acknowledgement and liability waiver):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxpdb3r35w...aiver.pdf?dl=0

The agenda is:

1) Member sign-in and social networking, enjoying snacks and beverages (1 hour)
    2) BoD Meeting (this is usually short for this event, about 1/2 hour)
    3) FREE FUN SHOOT! (about 1 hour)

Also, it would be helpful if you post to the thread indicating how many you plan to bring (including yourself!).
    Last edited by PhotoTom; 12-06-2019 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Updated starting time and posted sign-off sheets
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Assuming weather and traffic cooperate, I probably won't be able to get there until about 5-5:30. I, for one, would appreciate a later start time.

MGO LIFE Member
    Friday the 13th? You’re asking for trouble of one variety or another.

Is this location sharing a building with the Taylor trade center? If so nice store since new ownership. Not the widest selection but a decent range and a nice classroom. I am probably more available later than earlier depending on what schedule is being held at work.

MGO Member
    Too far away, as usual. I'm sure others feel the same way,
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    I understand it needs to be held somewhere, being on a weekday has always been my issue, I work until 5:30.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    I am making the drive. Yes it is a bit of a hike but we only have three person to person meetings.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Friday the 13th? You’re asking for trouble of one variety or another.

Is this location sharing a building with the Taylor trade center? If so nice store since new ownership. Not the widest selection but a decent range and a nice classroom. I am probably more available later than earlier depending on what schedule is being held at work.
    Depending on your work location that day I am sure your boss will let you leave early.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilt Guy View Post
    I am making the drive. Yes it is a bit of a hike but we only have three person to person meetings.
    You ran for the board so by default you agreed to attend all of the meetings & events.

Metamora, if that is indeed your correct location, is a heck of a lot closer than Lansing. I'm planning to make the drive. As Dramey82 said, the meeting has to be held somewhere. You've been a member long enough to know that no matter where the meeting is held, there is always someone that will complain about the location. Do you recall when the members on the west side of the state were complaining about the long drive to meetings? The BOD scheduled a members meeting in Grand Rapids; take a guess how many members showed up, and where they were from?

MGO Member
    Distance plus time with the possibility of bad weather makes it to far, at least for me. I have attended meetings tha were at Willliams.
    I recall in the past the starters of this org were referred to the Wayne County good ole boy club. Still seems to hold true.
    The majority of meetings/events should be held central to the membership. If that is Wayne Co. then so be it.

I simply stated it is too far away for ME. It is not that important of thing for me.

Your feelings may be different.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast