Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AR mags

WHEN MY BOAT SANK WITH ALL MY MAGS AND FIREARMS, I put a x on the side so I could find the same spot.
    Now if I can just rent the same boat again everything should be fine.
    [QUOTE]["Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    WHEN MY BOAT SANK WITH ALL MY MAGS AND FIREARMS, I put a x on the side so I could find the same spot.
    Now if I can just rent the same boat again everything should be fine.
    I should have spray painted an X on the water!!
    Active airport shooter

Y'all should be working on your ammo fort.

I am a Forum User
    Sorry but in this new pc world my magazines identify themselves as books so please refer to them that way

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Y'all should be working on your ammo fort.
    It seems we don't learn. When things are good and we're happy with prices and availability, we (gun owners) just never realize that your advice is paramount - until things go south.

The other day the cable installation guy looked around and said "Think you have enough ammo?"
    My reply - "Are you nuts?"
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    i think lowers would be more appropriate to stock rather than mags...
    To what end? If something tragic happens (Beto gets elected and pulls a Trump slide stock maneuver) is it your plan to sell the lowers to those that have to have something that is now taboo?

I saw some bump fire stocks sell right at the end, but with it being a felony now, I don't see anyone using them, selling them, or even talking about them. I imagine ARs would be the same, if our president executive ordered them out too.

Because I am a law abiding citizen I will follow the law, as I have been. Sometimes I don't like it, but it sure beats worrying about a felony firearms arrest.

As far as the mags go - if I thought there would be a grandfather clause if there was a ban, I'd stockpile in a heartbeat. If no clause, then we would be relegated to destroying them or hiding them until we die and our heirs find them and dispose of them.
    Last edited by Jackam; 09-22-2019 at 09:18 AM.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    To what end? If something tragic happens (Beto gets elected and pulls a Trump slide stock maneuver) is it your plan to sell the lowers to those that have to have something that is now taboo?

I saw some bump fire stocks sell right at the end, but with it being a felony now, I don't see anyone using them, selling them, or even talking about them. I imagine ARs would be the same, if our president executive ordered them out too.

Because I am a law abiding citizen I will follow the law, as I have been. Sometimes I don't like it, but it sure beats worrying about a felony firearms arrest.

As far as the mags go - if I thought there would be a grandfather clause if there was a ban, I'd stockpile in a heartbeat. If no clause, then once again we would be relegated to hiding them until we die and our heirs find them and dispose of them.
    If it goes even remotely the way that history and current events suggest, there will really only be a few people at a time fighting some kind of resistance. but there will be a LOT of people sympathetic to them and willing to risk the very unlikely event of getting caught and its corresponding much lower penalties for aiding.

I'm also law abiding. However, I lost the maps to my buried caches. I suppose at some point somebody else might find them. And that's fine with me, because I sure wouldn't want to get caught with the stuff as I will have already turned in my stuff when required.
    (disclaimer: this post was hyperbole solely for the purpose of discussion and I have no intention to aid OR abet future freedom fighters)
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Have you ever heard of the McCarthy hearings?

It doesn't take a whole lot to get on a list. If they start coming after mags and "assault weapons", then they just consult the list and you are in. Then you have to prove that you are innocent.
    For a long time I've wondered about the logic of posting pictures of your AR's, AK's and so forth or even mentioning what you have on a public form let alone in private conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post

As far as the mags go - if I thought there would be a grandfather clause if there was a ban, I'd stockpile in a heartbeat. If no clause, then we would be relegated to destroying them or hiding them until we die and our heirs find them and dispose of them.
    Then you should buy a vz58, a Daewoo, or things that are still legal even in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-hider View Post
    For a long time I've wondered about the logic of posting pictures of your AR's, AK's and so forth or even mentioning what you have on a public form let alone in private conversations.
    Just being on a gun forum is enough to get a little asterisk next to your name on about 4-6 gov agencies files.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast