Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Big Bore ar builds

I've been working on building a .450bm Ar my initial go to for this was to get a bear creek arsenal complete upper, which is 229$ plus shipping.

Next I found a BCG and charging handle for 100ish give or take 329$

50$ lower 379$

Lower build kit with mil spec parts runs 69.95 plus 5$ shipping from black rifle depot so that puts me at 454$

Add a decent scope 130$ ish with a good mount 75$ ish puts me in at 656/670$ depending on tax n shipping I gather

Am I missing something? It was no where this expensive to build either or my .556 ars. Any tips fellas

MGO Member
    You could just pickup the upper, scope and appropriate magazine and put it on an existing lower. That would help your bottom line. I must have very good tastes in parts because on my last build I spent close to $600 on just the lower.
    Last edited by Model12gunner; 09-24-2019 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Jwade78 View Post
    I've been working on building a .450bm Ar my initial go to for this was to get a bear creek arsenal complete upper, which is 229$ plus shipping.

Next I found a BCG and charging handle for 100ish give or take 329$

50$ lower 379$

Lower build kit with mil spec parts runs 69.95 plus 5$ shipping from black rifle depot so that puts me at 454$

Add a decent scope 130$ ish with a good mount 75$ ish puts me in at 656/670$ depending on tax n shipping I gather

Am I missing something? It was no where this expensive to build either or my .556 ars. Any tips fellas
    Hey Jwade78:
    My Bear Creek upper came with the BCG and charging handle, if I recall correctly. Don't order these just yet! Make sure your upper does not have the BCG included!

I bought a used DPMS complete, slightly used AR lower for $200, added a Nikon scope (it may even be the one I bought from you a while back!) It is boresighted and ready to go, just need to do a final sight in!
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

MGO Member
    I wanted to try out the 450BM but was on a budget. I already had a number of AR lowers and enough parts minus the barrel, gas block/tube, bolt and muzzle comp to put an upper together.

I ordered a barrel from Bear Creek last Oct for $74. Not sure what they cost these days.

I bought the gas block/tube from Omega for $14 and the muzzle comp from them as well for $18.

I already had a stripped Anderson Sporter upper (no forward assist or port cover) from Aim Surplus which I bought for $40.

I also already had a 10" free float handguard which I paid $38 for. BCA has about the same thing for the same price.

I already had a number of AR bolt carriers but the bolt head is unique to the 450/458. It took me about 9 months to find just the bolt head. They were $49.99 + $9 shipping at Surplus Ammo or $59.99 + $5 shipping at Sanders, so about $65 total. They weren't in stock at Surplus Ammo until after I ordered from Sanders. Oh well.

I mounted a 2-7x Vortex Crossfire scope $130 from Amazon.

I got a couple 450 follower off a friend for free but they are $8/ea on ebay.

Total build if I had paid for all the parts would come to $395 not counting the A2 lower I already had. It would have been more if I had to buy a carrier and bolt handle.

It shoots 1-2 MOA so I'm pretty happy with it. I had to open up the ejection port with a dremel to get reliable ejection but it is reliable and accurate.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

The BCA upper comes with the BCG I believe. Also, check out 22modsforall.com for a stock and LPK cheapest place.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Model12gunner View Post
    You could just pickup the upper, scope and appropriate magazine and put it on an existing lower. That would help your bottom line. I must have very good tastes in parts because on my last build I spent close to $600 on just the lower.
    Good.lord man. Whys that?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Hey Jwade78:
    My Bear Creek upper came with the BCG and charging handle, if I recall correctly. Don't order these just yet! Make sure your upper does not have the BCG included!

I bought a used DPMS complete, slightly used AR lower for $200, added a Nikon scope (it may even be the one I bought from you a while back!) It is boresighted and ready to go, just need to do a final sight in!
    Why dont I want the bcg to come with?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymac View Post
    I wanted to try out the 450BM but was on a budget. I already had a number of AR lowers and enough parts minus the barrel, gas block/tube, bolt and muzzle comp to put an upper together.

I ordered a barrel from Bear Creek last Oct for $74. Not sure what they cost these days.

I bought the gas block/tube from Omega for $14 and the muzzle comp from them as well for $18.

I already had a stripped Anderson Sporter upper (no forward assist or port cover) from Aim Surplus which I bought for $40.

I also already had a 10" free float handguard which I paid $38 for. BCA has about the same thing for the same price.

I already had a number of AR bolt carriers but the bolt head is unique to the 450/458. It took me about 9 months to find just the bolt head. They were $49.99 + $9 shipping at Surplus Ammo or $59.99 + $5 shipping at Sanders, so about $65 total. They weren't in stock at Surplus Ammo until after I ordered from Sanders. Oh well.

I mounted a 2-7x Vortex Crossfire scope $130 from Amazon.

I got a couple 450 follower off a friend for free but they are $8/ea on ebay.

Total build if I had paid for all the parts would come to $395 not counting the A2 lower I already had. It would have been more if I had to buy a carrier and bolt handle.

It shoots 1-2 MOA so I'm pretty happy with it. I had to open up the ejection port with a dremel to get reliable ejection but it is reliable and accurate.
    That's a good route you've taken. I dont have extra parts n stuff yet. Instead if buying the complete upper I can part it out over time to find a cheaper path

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    The BCA upper comes with the BCG I believe. Also, check out 22modsforall.com for a stock and LPK cheapest place.
    Definitely thanks I'll go back and read and check out the website

MGO Member
    Billet lower from the good ole days of 2012 $250. elftmann trigger, extended take down pins, Magpul moe+k grip, elftmann push safety, ratchet lock buffer tube assembly $95, Magpul ACS stock $85 + springs, detents & misc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast