Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwade78 View Post
    That's a good route you've taken. I dont have extra parts n stuff yet. Instead if buying the complete upper I can part it out over time to find a cheaper path
    Being patient and shopping around pays off. It took me from Oct of last year to August of this year to find and put the parts together.

Here's some links...

BCA Barrel
    https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca...s-block-system

Anderson upper $39.99
    https://aimsurplus.com/anderson-manu...pper-receiver/

BCA 10" Mlok Handguard $37.99
    https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca...-rail-anodized

Gas Tube and Block $13.99
    https://www.omegamanufacturinginc.co...bo_p_3062.html

450 Bolt Carrier Group

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca...-carrier-group

450 Bolt Head

https://www.surplusammo.com/products...ushmaster.html

https://sandersarmoryusa.com/product...hos-extractor/

Now that I add up all the parts, minus the scope, it would have been cheaper to buy a complete upper in 450BM from BCA, than part one together. $229 at BCA vs. about $260 made.

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca...wist-w-15-mlok

The 450 BM is not fun to shoot. It has pretty heavy recoil. Most ARs don't have recoil pads like the Ruger American bolt gun (which wasn't bad to shoot). I shot my AR 450 just enough to sight it in and will used it for deer this year.

Next project is an upper in 350 Legend. The good thing about the 350L is that it uses a regular 5.56 bolt/carrier. Plus the recoil is supposed to be a lot lighter. Figure it will be about the same cost, maybe a bit less than the 450 in that I already have an upper, bolt/carrier/handle, hand guard and scope rings/mount. All I need is a barrel and gas block/tube and a scope.
    Last edited by Garymac; 09-25-2019 at 07:58 AM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Next project is an upper in 350 Legend. The good thing about the 350L is that it uses a regular 5.56 bolt/carrier. Plus the recoil is supposed to be a lot lighter. Figure it will be about the same cost, maybe a bit less than the 450 in that I already have an upper, bolt/carrier/handle, hand guard and scope rings/mount. All I need is a barrel and gas block/tube and a scope.[/QUOTE]

Danco411 has a 350 barrel, idk the details on it but I know he has it and it maybe for sale

Why dont I want the bcg to come with?
    So you don't buy a BCG first and find out later that the Bear Creek upper comes with one, then end up with two... I think I paid $229 for the 450 Bear Creek complete upper.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Next project is an upper in 350 Legend. The good thing about the 350L is that it uses a regular 5.56 bolt/carrier. Plus the recoil is supposed to be a lot lighter. Figure it will be about the same cost, maybe a bit less than the 450 in that I already have an upper, bolt/carrier/handle, hand guard and scope rings/mount. All I need is a barrel and gas block/tube and a scope.
    Danco411 has a 350 barrel, idk the details on it but I know he has it and it maybe for sale[/QUOTE]

I'm not one to usually talk someone out of a new rifle or build, but there is a lot of over lap on those two, 350 and 450 at least for use if its for hunting. Maybe just pic one, do it the way you want and not fret over cost on the one you go with.

If ones for your wife or kid, ok, then you need two.

But if they are you ... step it up a little do it the way you want and just rock that one deer slayer and be done with it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Danco411 has a 350 barrel, idk the details on it but I know he has it and it maybe for sale
    I'm not one to usually talk someone out of a new rifle or build, but there is a lot of over lap on those two, 350 and 450 at least for use if its for hunting. Maybe just pic one, do it the way you want and not fret over cost on the one you go with.

But if they are you ... step it up a little do it the way you want and just rock that one deer slayer and be done with it.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to quote another member and messed it up. I'm only building 1.

I am a Forum User
    Only building one deer slayer lol

MGO Member

But if they are you ... step it up a little do it the way you want and just rock that one deer slayer and be done with it.
    I was trying to quote another member and messed it up. I'm only building 1.[/QUOTE]

Or you could buy/build both and then decide which one you like best. Or buy/build both just because you can or like to try different calibers on deer. Or, or, or...
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Dont tempt me with a good time Gary lol

I am a Forum User
    The 350 Legend is pretty slick. I'd tend to recommend it over the .450 for those who may be recoil resistant. I believe it can be shot more accurately due to the much reduced recoil. The Hornady Whitetail ammo pushes a 170g Interlock bullet to 2200 FPS. With a 200 yard zero that is one heck of a nice deer round for shotgun zone hunting. It shoots pretty much like a .223 as it is a .223 parent case. Lots of factory ammo options and easier than the .450 to reload.

The barrel I have is a CMMG 18". I built one for a customer when they first came out and the barrels were hard to get so I bought two. Been sitting on the shelf waiting for a new owner or a new rifle.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Danco411 View Post
    The 350 Legend is pretty slick. I'd tend to recommend it over the .450 for those who may be recoil resistant. I believe it can be shot more accurately due to the much reduced recoil. The Hornady Whitetail ammo pushes a 170g Interlock bullet to 2200 FPS. With a 200 yard zero that is one heck of a nice deer round for shotgun zone hunting. It shoots pretty much like a .223 as it is a .223 parent case. Lots of factory ammo options and easier than the .450 to reload.

The barrel I have is a CMMG 18". I built one for a customer when they first came out and the barrels were hard to get so I bought two. Been sitting on the shelf waiting for a new owner or a new rifle.
    So do you just put the 350 barrel on an everything else .556?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12