Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Marketplace Moderator

6.5mm Grendel muzzle compensator

Anybody put a compensator on your 6.5 Grendel? Not looking for a muzzle brake. What is your experience? In the market.
    Thank You in advance. Good Shooting, MOOSE
    Goo

I am a Forum User
    Moosefisher a compensator and brake can be the same thing. They are designed to reduce recoil and muzzle rise by deflecting the escaping gas forward. The other type is just a flash hider which breaks up the escaping gas reducing flash. There are different kinds of compensators though. A linear comp is for deflecting the gas completely forward so they are not as loud but also do not reduce recoil. A more traditional 1-2 or 3 chamber brake reduces recoil the most but also the loudest. It sounds to me like your asking about a linear comp for hunting which will reduce noise to the shooters ear. Kaw Valley makes a simple one which works great. https://www.kawvalleyprecision.com/K...linear-blk.htm

Marketplace Moderator
    Danco, This is what I have been told.
    Finally we get to the muzzle brake VS compensator part. A lot of muzzle devices are brakes and compensators, but not always. We learned that a comp is designed to help keep the muzzle on target. A brake, on the other hand, is designed to reduce the amount of recoil you feel when you fire a shot off.

So some are both. I am looking for a compensator. Not the brake. Good Shooting, MOOSE

I am a Forum User
    Seems like his question is "research".