Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Need safe advise! First time buyer

I've owned guns for most of my life, always had the luxury of having a full room to lock them in(walk in safe). Well I'm finally moving out of the city, but it's a small house with no basement. So I'm in need of a large safe. I've got around 30 guns currently but I buy when ever I get a deal, so rim for more is good.
    Any suggestions for a quality safe? What to look for? I'm after a digital lock(unless I shouldn't)
    Favorite brands? Good places to buy near gr(Hoogerhyde)
    Anyone want to sell me one?

I am a Forum User
    bigger is better. Buy twice what you think you will need, and it might be good for a couple of years. Liberty advertises their safes are superior, and US Mfg.

I am a Forum User
    No direct experience but someone recommended Hollon safes the other day and I started looking into them. They clearly make some very nice stuff. But it comes down to budget. I am considering one of their smaller high-security safes for my NFA and other special stuff and keeping my nice, but much cheaper and much lower security safe to keep the kids and casual thieves away from more normal stuff.

I am a Forum User
    Mechanical locks never have dead batteries. & the electrical connections never fail.

I am a Forum User
    Anyone own one? Like it? Secure?

MGO Member
    I love my Liberty safe. As suggested above, I went with a mechanical lock. The mechanical lock may not be as fast a electronic, but I just felt they are more reliable. It’s fire rated for 60 minutes, IIRC. The locking bars are plentiful and very solid. It’s bolted to the floor and tight to the wall. It’s very convenient got gun storage and “important papers.” I opted for a pre installed inside electrical and Ethernet. It made installing lighting and golden rod (de humidifier) very easy. I went with a LED light kit that goes along the door frames.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mitommy View Post
    I love my Liberty safe. As suggested above, I went with a mechanical lock. The mechanical lock may not be as fast a electronic, but I just felt they are more reliable. It’s fire rated for 60 minutes, IIRC. The locking bars are plentiful and very solid. It’s bolted to the floor and tight to the wall. It’s very convenient got gun storage and “important papers.” I opted for a pre installed inside electrical and Ethernet. It made installing lighting and golden rod (de humidifier) very easy. I went with a LED light kit that goes along the door frames.
    Ooooo extras LoL...definitely need all of those too
    I think I'm getting one tomorrow

I am a Forum User
    I just came across Rhino safes... they are very substantial and appear very strong.

I am a Forum User
    I just bought a liberty 40 gun safe, on sale for$1100 at tractor supply
    P.s. Sorry to who ever called the store looking for one as a checked out with the last one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast