Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use a cheap $549 64 gun Stack On safe from Dunhams. But, I also have a $200 screaming loud motion sensing alarm system from Ebay, and a couple cameras recording using Blue Iris. A $1200 safe would be better. But I take the money saved by getting a cheap safe,and protect my entire house. Nobody is going to spend time breaking into my big cheap safe, while alarms are screaming, and cameras are rolling. The cheapo 64 gun safe is way back in a corner of the house, in a bedroom, bolted to the floor and wall, in a corner. It's probably 900 pounds full. Very hard to move, even if you had time.

- Joe
    Last edited by joelansing; 10-12-2019 at 10:51 PM.

I am a Forum User
    I bought a Zanotti Armor safe - used by the US Military as it’s a build-in-place safe. Allowed me to install a safe twice as large as what I could have if I had to put a smaller safe on a dolly and moved to the basement. It’s built in America, very strong and very well appointed. If I ever move, this safe can be taken apart. Don’t confuse this with the cheap Chinese modular knockoffs.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    bigger is better. Buy twice what you think you will need, and it might be good for a couple of years. Liberty advertises their safes are superior, and US Mfg.
    this 100%

Whatever you do build walls flush with the sides and even above it so only the door is exposed. Anchor it to the back wall and the floor. If it can get tipped on its back a guy with a six foot crowbar will get in less than a minute.

https://youtu.be/B8ViUdd-2LM

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by joelansing View Post
    I use a cheap $549 64 gun Stack On safe from Dunhams. But, I also have a $200 screaming loud motion sensing alarm system from Ebay, and a couple cameras recording using Blue Iris. A $1200 safe would be better. But I take the money saved by getting a cheap safe,and protect my entire house. Nobody is going to spend time breaking into my big cheap safe, while alarms are screaming, and cameras are rolling. The cheapo 64 gun safe is way back in a corner of the house, in a bedroom, bolted to the floor and wall, in a corner. It's probably 900 pounds full. Very hard to move, even if you had time.

- Joe
    I’ve been thinking about getting a cheaper stack on safe due to its price. Not worried about it being broken into or stolen for similar reasons and mine being placed far into my basement. Only thing holding me back is I heard the locking mechanism is pretty stiff and sticky. Have you had any issues with your safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    I’ve been thinking about getting a cheaper stack on safe due to its price. Not worried about it being broken into or stolen for similar reasons and mine being placed far into my basement. Only thing holding me back is I heard the locking mechanism is pretty stiff and sticky. Have you had any issues with your safe?
    I've had mine for 2-3 years now. No issues yet. The 9V battery never runs down, but I change it out every 3-4 months. So far for the price I still love it. It looks like it is still on sale, and available at a lot of stores. I'd call first though because their inventory system isn't the best. https://www.dunhamssports.com/produc...004815171.html
    - Joe

I am a Forum User
    Look at NWforce 13. He just asked a very similar question. Same advice I would tell you. Good luck.

I am a Forum User
    nuy bigger than you can forsee needing i personally like digital locks im in & out of my safes a lot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12