Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Pheasant's

I am a Forum User

Pheasant's

Can Any one confirm the release of birds at varied locations in MI? If so, please post details. thx

I am a Forum User
    the latest issue of the Michigan Outdoor News has a article and lists all 11 state game areas that roosters will be released for huntingthis year

MGO Member
    I wish they would release them but not say where. Puts us guys without dogs at a severe disadvantage.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by SPREADEAGLE View Post
    Can Any one confirm the release of birds at varied locations in MI? If so, please post details. thx
    I can confirm that they told me that they released 40 at the Crow Island State Game area in the Panko unit last weekend.
    I can also confirm that my dog called BS. There was no place for them to run (the two track is surrounded by deep water) and we trudged most all of it (5 miles.)

The area on the opposite side of the river had a sign saying that the released pheasants were provided by _____?______. There was LOTS of traffic in this area and I believe that this site got birds. It had big fields with lots of tall standing corn and two small fallow fields. If there are any birds left, they're in the corn for sure. Kinda hard to hunt them there, but once the corn is down.....
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by JMC View Post
    I wish they would release them but not say where. Puts us guys without dogs at a severe disadvantage.
    I hunted Crow Island the other day and missed shots like it was the thing to do! While there, a group of three hunters got out and tried a different tack than I was taking. They didn't have a dog. Instead of the fields, they concentrated on the hedgerows, tree lines, and wooded areas. I don't know if they missed too, but it was a smart choice on their part.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.