Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hand surgery

Surgery went well. Some discomfort, not much pain. Big soft cast. Only have one long sleeved shirt that fits over it. Getting a smaller one tomorrow. Stitches out next Wed. My surgeons technique must have seen some improvement over others. Actually have full use of my fingers. Still retarded doing hygiene. Hard to wash your hair, etc. with one hand.

Won't be able to load mags for awhile, so I think I'll just shoot revolvers for a couple weeks at least.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I'm very glad to hear your surgery went well! It sounds like you're setup for a good recovery.
    I'll still send prayers for a quick and easy recovery!
    Take care.

Thanks John
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

Glad to hear! Get fully recovered soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Surgery went well. Some discomfort, not much pain. Big soft cast. Only have one long sleeved shirt that fits over it. Getting a smaller one tomorrow. Stitches out next Wed. My surgeons technique must have seen some improvement over others. Actually have full use of my fingers. Still retarded doing hygiene. Hard to wash your hair, etc. with one hand.

Won't be able to load mags for awhile, so I think I'll just shoot revolvers for a couple weeks at least.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Quote Originally Posted by TheWabbit View Post
    I'm very glad to hear your surgery went well! It sounds like you're setup for a good recovery.
    I'll still send prayers for a quick and easy recovery!
    Take care.
    As will I.

Re: CBD oil - I bought some on a lark since it was on sale for a trial period. I never thot it would create a pronounced improvement in Musculo-skeletal rheumatism, arthritis, degenerating L-4 L-5 disc ++ allergy-to-Michigan sensitivities that few if any could even understand.
    I expected no improvement but suddenly I experienced an 'epiphany' of sorts. Unfortunately, I looked for something 'even better' and lost the name of the first product only to find the more' highly rated' second product did little or nothing for me!
    I found that not all CBD products are alike so I am now trying to find out what the first product I purchased had been!

Bottom line - yes it did help and i will keep looking until I find something that still works on my
    'complications.'

(My wife took the salve that came with the first CBD product for a hip ache she has after her normal shot for same starts to wear off, and she said it helped the next morning tho she just 'tried' to see if it might work!)

If I may say: Don't give up -perhaps most importantly, don't fight the problem by being too tense - meditation can work wonders; at times you can actually envision that part of your body with your eyes closed by merely trying to 'see what happens.'

How long though before one can start training again ?
    What ever the doctor says, I always do it. Had ankle busted with two surgeries, arthoscopic in knees in about 1991 as a kid, and busted wrist. Im 40 and did tons of dumb stunts, feats of strength, thrill seeking etc and have no popping clicking, grinding, no pain, nothing. My knees have hurt like 3 times in 28 years. Wrist never hurts, ankle never hurts.

I know tons of guys that played stuff as leisuring as golf in their cast, and they never got better again, to guys that hurried back to wrestling or football and they had arthritis at 22.

Take it slow.

Thanks guys. Went in today & had an exam. The incision looked real good. No bruising or discoloration. Go back next Wed. to get the stitches out. No more cast. Will be wearing a cockup splint for awhile.

Know all about arthritis. Just turned 70 & have it throughout my spine. I live with it.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Will be wearing a cockup splint for awhile.

I am a Forum User
    Great to hear! I'm headed back in for my right wrist to be done on Friday. Hoping to be good to go for snowmobiling by second week of Jan

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Don't know why it's not called a THUMB UP splint
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast