Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Greetings from the GR Area

Hey Everyone!

New(er) to this area and would love to get involved in a shooting community! Moved out here last year in Oct. from MN, and after a pretty busy year things are finally settling down to where I have time for leisure activities. Favorite pastimes are hunting and target shooting. I have done some research and really like the look of South Kent Sportsman's Club. However, they have the hurdle of needing to be endorsed by 2 current members to join. Anyone willing to meet me for coffee or a beer or a round of shooting and get to know me a bit?

Anyway, cheers all and excited to be part of this forum!
    Last edited by GRHunter; 10-01-2019 at 09:23 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GRHunter View Post
    Hey Everyone!

New(er) to this area and would love to get involved in a shooting community! Moved out here last year in Oct. from MN, and after a pretty busy year things are finally settling down to where I have time for leisure activities. Favorite pastimes are hunting and target shooting. I have done some research and really like the look of South Kent Sportsman's Club. However, they have the hurdle of needing to be endorsed by 2 current members to join. Anyone willing to meet me for coffee or a beer or a round of shooting and get to know me a bit?

Anyway, cheers all and excited to be part of this forum!
    South Kent in my opinion is the best range around. They are a super active club with many events. Getting involved in one of their shooting competitions is a good way in. Lots of ranges for whatever your itch is. Even when they have events they still usually have open ranges or bays to shoot in. With a little effort you can get past the requirement to be endorsed by 2 members. Go ahead and take the new member class the next time its offered. You don't have to be endorsed by current members to take the class and you'll get to meet people in the club. Because of the freedom they offer they are a bit more strict in making sure you are aware of the rules and that you will follow them.

In the pistol bays your allowed to shoot nearly anything you want with a few exceptions as long as its safe and your going to clean it up. You can shoot high capacity mags, you can rapid fire, you can even shoot a machine gun with a couple restrictions. If you want to you can bring in guests, practice draw and shoot, shoot on the move, lots and lots of things that other ranges won't let you do. They have rules and they are very strict on them but to offer the freedoms that they do, they have to be. You will not find a safer club that offers the freedom that they do.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    South Kent in my opinion is the best range around. They are a super active club with many events. Getting involved in one of their shooting competitions is a good way in. Lots of ranges for whatever your itch is. Even when they have events they still usually have open ranges or bays to shoot in. With a little effort you can get past the requirement to be endorsed by 2 members. Go ahead and take the new member class the next time its offered. You don't have to be endorsed by current members to take the class and you'll get to meet people in the club. Because of the freedom they offer they are a bit more strict in making sure you are aware of the rules and that you will follow them.

In the pistol bays your allowed to shoot nearly anything you want with a few exceptions as long as its safe and your going to clean it up. You can shoot high capacity mags, you can rapid fire, you can even shoot a machine gun with a couple restrictions. If you want to you can bring in guests, practice draw and shoot, shoot on the move, lots and lots of things that other ranges won't let you do. They have rules and they are very strict on them but to offer the freedoms that they do, they have to be. You will not find a safer club that offers the freedom that they do.
    Thats great to hear! I am signed up for the orientation class tomorrow. Hopefully I can meet some people there. Thank you!

Greetings from Imlay City "Gateway to the Thumb",

Home of Vlasic Pickle.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Board of Directors

to the forum of MGO
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

Welcome from just south of you in Hastings!!

I'm the local silencer pimp also.