Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Schmeisser S60 60 round coffin mag

I gave the Surefire mag a try, and was quite disappointed in it for $129. I saw this pop up in a PSA ad for $50 and decided to give it a go. I guess these have been sold outside of the country for a number of years, but are just now being imported to the US. Made in Germany.

And I’ll be damned if the thing not only functions 100% with brass AND steel case, but it’s light, simple, and looks good too. It’s the same length as a 40 round Pmag, and just slightly wider than the flare of a standard mag well. It’s made of glass filled nylon, and feels quality made.

I ran a few hundred rounds of M193 and steel Wolf through it with an AR pistol, and not a single malfunction. The last round hold open failed to work on the first mag, but operated fine for the rest of the day. It’s an odd setup where the follower engages a steel slider, but the issue was the spring not having enough oomf to overcome the friction of the newer bolt catch dragging in the receiver. I’m sure with slicker coatings on the catch or a broke in gun will operate better.

My only other minor gripes are that it doesn’t have an over insertion stop like the current Pmags and the shoulders of the coffin are molded about 1/8” below the magwell flare so you can overshoot the mag catch just a bit on an open bolt, and it takes a good slam to get a full mag in on a closed bolt. All minor complaints. I think these things are good to go, especially for the price.
    Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 10-02-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Your links stink -

Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn.

Let's split up, gang. If you're looking for an image, it's probably been deleted or may not have existed at all.

If you are looking for groovy images, visit our gallery!
    Lighten up Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    Your links stink -
    That’s odd....they should be embedded, not links. I can see the images on all my devices at home, and I cross posted this to the FAL files with no complaints there...

I’m viewing it on iOS on my phone and iPad just fine, and Safari on my computer.

Here’s the propaganda video put out by the company. It has them taking it apart too.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrdkvHoVSaY

I don't believe you can embed links here - hence the lack of pictures on this forum.
    Lighten up Francis.

I don't believe you can embed links here - hence the lack of pictures on this forum.
    Nope, it is on your end. They show just fine for me right now, Win 10, firefox with a couple of ad blockers running.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I’ve used the [img]link goes here[/img ] on here quite a bit, always has seemed to work. It’s a direct link from imgur. Maybe your browser/ ad blocker doesn’t like imgur?

Anyway, after playing with the mag some more I’m pretty well sold on it. I just ordered two more from PSA for $50/ ea. These things do a great job of heating that little pistol’s handguard up, lol.

FYI, it says right on the packaging that it won’t work with .300, which is disappointing. Though, I’m not sure if the D60 or Surefire do either, and I don’t currently have a .300 to try it out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Nope, it is on your end. They show just fine for me right now, Win 10, firefox with a couple of ad blockers running.
    I'm running the exact same plus a VPN.
    Lighten up Francis.

I'm running the exact same plus a VPN.
    Does the country your VPN is mirroring ban imgur?

Here’s the same embed link structure but from The Forearm Blog.

And from Brownells.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    Does the country your VPN is mirroring ban imgur?

Here’s the same embed link structure but from The Forearm Blog.

And from Brownells.

I've chosen the US for the VPN to avoid issues, though some websites puke up on it. In this case, I get to imgur but get the message I posted above.
    Lighten up Francis.