Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Field and Stream Troy bought by Sportsmans Warehouse.

Just saw in one the trade Magazines that Dicks sold the Field and Stream Troy store and 4 other F & S to Sportsmans Warehouse. Sportsmans has been reorganized, from what I hear they take a very pro second amendment stance. I suspect this is good news, especially with Gander kaput. Supposedly Dicks is considering the future of the entire chain, no surprise there. What better way is there to destroy a business than attack the Constitutional rights of about 80% of your customer base.

I am a Forum User
    So you mean it might be worth it to go back to shopping at F&S? (Haven't been in there or Dick's since the "destroy all "assault" weapons" diktat from D Corp)

I am a Forum User
    Sportsmans Warehouse is a giant step up.

I am a Forum User
    I’ve never been to one but have always heard good stuff about Sportsman’s Warehouse.

I loved the sportsman in Allen Park. Not open very long. Hope to see them back up and running

MGO Member
    The store in Lansing seems to be a big step up from Gander!

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by ittayem66 View Post
    I loved the sportsman in Allen Park. Not open very long. Hope to see them back up and running
    They only lasted about 6 months, unfortunately. I dropped a lot of money there in that time, they had a fantastic reloading section!

I am a Forum User
    Here's a link: https://finance.yahoo.com/news/sport...120000355.html

Actually, eight stores. Unfortunately, only one in Michigan. The brand(ish) new F&S store in Kalamazoo would be nice as a SW, since we're losing our Gander!

I am a Forum User
    I suspect Field and Stream is doomed as a chain, a hunting, fishing, camping store that has takes such a gross second amendment stance at a time when the only growth on the Gun side is self defense firearms is not a real good bet. With the exception of a few smaller categories, I suspect 60-80% of their customer base was offended. The store was a wasteland after Stacks action, especially the gun counter. Sportsmans OTOH has a whole section on their website for Modern Sporting Rifles. I know the Store Manager at Troy, I hope Sportsmans keeps him, he's a Hunting and shooting enthusiast himself. It's a shame the original Gander was owned buy a guy who believed the best way to run a retail store is to treat your employees like dirt. That filtered down to every facet of there business. This business needs some big chains especially with Wal-Mart and Meiers out to increase competition and also provide a comfortable place for newcomers to firearms to buy a first a gun without being intimidated by some of the gun shop jockeys out there.

I am a Forum User
    Sportsmans Warehouse is a good company to work for.

Was part of the hunting dept at their Allen Park store until it closed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast