Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    Tell that to the people that worked there the last time they pretended to open a store in the area.
    Were you an employee there? Tall Bear and I were.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Were you an employee there? Tall Bear and I were.

I was not, I was a frequent flyer tho. I just know that a handfull of people left G.M. to go there and the store lasted what 9 months if that. Just seems they went to greener grass or so it seemed and got screwed thats all.

I am a Forum User
    I really liked their reloading section but it never was fully stocked when you compared shelf tags to what was on the shelf. All in all nicer outfit than G.M. just seemed like it was a tax write off from day one.

I am a Forum User
    Nothing could be further from the truth. They had plans to open it and were too far advanced to stop. The 2008 recession started and lines of credit dried up. They made a go of it but had to retrench to the stores that were well established. They gave severance and I don't know anyone from Gander who regretted the move.

I am a Forum User
    Some people like to spent time in bookstores...but they are almost gone. Soon sporting goods stores will be few and far behind.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DenDen28 View Post
    Some people like to spent time in bookstores...but they are almost gone. Soon sporting goods stores will be few and far behind.
    +5, mail order and amazon is killing Everyone.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DenDen28 View Post
    There used to be a great used bookstore in Lincoln Park called Magina's. They had a great military history section. The owner died a couple of years ago and the family didn't want to continue the business.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Nothing could be further from the truth. They had plans to open it and were too far advanced to stop. The 2008 recession started and lines of credit dried up. They made a go of it but had to retrench to the stores that were well established. They gave severance and I don't know anyone from Gander who regretted the move.
    They still ended up on the street, my point.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasher View Post
    They still ended up on the street, my point.
    And none of them regretted leaving Gander...my point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123