Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Lee Collet die

MGO Member

Lee Collet die

I just used a new Lee collet die for neck sizing my 8 MM Mauser brass. I wanted to just neck size my Mauser brass. I am using a RCBS Rock Chucker press and my dies are usually set up to cam over. The instructions for die set by Lee was a little different, no cam over. I sized 25 pieces of brass, what a easy die to work with, no lube, and you and feel the collet resizing the neck. After I seated the 180gr. Nosler BT's, I rolled the loaded rounds on a piece of marble, I could not see any bullet wobble. I can't wait to shoot these rounds. Thumbs up for the Lee collet neck sizing dies.

The best pat of using Lee collet dies is your brass will never need trimming. I’ve loaded bottleneck cases over a dozen times using them and the Dead length seater that comes with them and never trimmed one, plus there is normally no un out as you have found.
    My only beef is some thinner walled brass doesn’t have enough neck tension to suit me with the std mandrel that comes with them. Lee does offer polishing services on them for a fee to cure this however.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    Can you purchase extra mandrels, at a smaller size? If you could get a mandrel, chuck it in a drill press and with emery paper you should be able to polish it down a few thousands to fit your needs.

A friend of mine bought a set up to check run out, and wanted to check some of my reloads. When they checked out under .0005", he asked how? I told him I use Redding body dies to FLS, Lee collet neck dies, Forster bench rest seating dies. This was after shooting 5 rounds of 308 through the same hole at 100 yards, prone, off a bipod. That was the best group of my life, it looked like one hit, with 4 misses!!
    Active airport shooter