Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

I was at Williams gunsight one time buying holsters. I asked the clerk if he was certain that the holster on the counter would work with my handgun. I was hoping he'd get one out of the display case. He said "It should" (not good enough for me!) so I said "can we find out for sure?"
    Right at the point, I had an itch near the small of my back and I tended to it.

He bellowed, "No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No!"

It took me by surprise, but then I chuckled when I realized the situation the timing of events had created.

I don't blame the guy. I still chuckle about it when I go in there.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Apparently their insurance also doesn't allow them to have a bathroom in the store due to the liability of people trying guns/holsters/etc in the john and shooting themselves.
    While only certain types of businesses are required by law to have public bathrooms (e.g., food serving establishments), all businesses are required by federal law to provide restrooms for employees.

In some states, businesses must open their private restrooms to the public in certain situations.

No offense to the poster but the answer to your question is obvious. Common Sense dictates what to do.
    Posting things like this are not only disconcerting but it also gives every Tom Dick and Harry the opportunity to post to the whole world every stupid thing they have ever seen a gun owner do.
    Water's wet, the sky is blue and people talk. Some things are better left unsaid, especially where the whole world can read it.

My answer. Calmly and quietly correct the person's bad judgment and then leave it be. Don't run home and post it on the computer for the world to see.
    Discretion is in order here.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
    Water's wet ...
    I always chuckle when I hear people say this. Technically, water isn't wet, but it is a liquid that could most certainly make something else wet.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
    No offense to the poster but the answer to your question is obvious. Common Sense dictates what to do.
    Posting things like this are not only disconcerting but it also gives every Tom Dick and Harry the opportunity to post to the whole world every stupid thing they have ever seen a gun owner do.
    Water's wet, the sky is blue and people talk. Some things are better left unsaid, especially where the whole world can read it.

My answer. Calmly and quietly correct the person's bad judgment and then leave it be. Don't run home and post it on the computer for the world to see.
    Discretion is in order here.
    I don't agree with this. Common sense isn't common any more. People who should know better, don't. Not talking about it doesn't stop it from happening or prepare people to react when it does. You can't say the people posting to this site should know better because your worried about the people that aren't gun people reading it. When I taught classes the hardest people to teach where the ones who thought they already knew.

I've seen people that have competed forever in pistol sports get DQ'd for flagrant violations. People in safety classes go out to the range part of the class and do everything they were told not to do. You Tube has plenty of videos of stupid stuff with guns. We can learn from others mistakes.

What should you do standing in Cabelas in the holster section and another customer pulls a gun out to test fit a holster. No Cabelas employee in site? What do you do? Walk away? Order the person to stop? Draw your own gun? I would have no problem going safety officer on them, ordering them to stop and put that gun away.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    While only certain types of businesses are required by law to have public bathrooms (e.g., food serving establishments), all businesses are required by federal law to provide restrooms for employees.

In some states, businesses must open their private restrooms to the public in certain situations.
    they apologized profusely and sent me to a port-a-potty that they had out in their parking lot.
    in direct sun in 95 degree weather.
    they were keeping it pretty clean though...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    I had call to stop into Gerbrand Defense (supaf1y's shop) Awesome place.

There's a notice on the door in very large print that says that there are only three reasons to draw a firearm in his shop:
    A) You're robbing the place.
    B) You're shooting at someone robbing the place.
    C) You're an idiot.

And that based on the above:
    A) You'll be shot.
    B) You'll be thanked.
    C) You'll be treated as an idiot and asked to leave.

I chuckled.

Hmmm Water isn't wet.
    Learn something new everyday. Thanks.
    As for the other agressive big talk, ummm ok.
    9 times out of 10 the guys that that blow fire and brimstone on some internet forum when faced with an actual situation tuck tail.
    People don't like being
    " ordered" to do anything (especially if you embarrass them in front of others in the process even if they are in the wrong ) unless it's by someone with the legal authority to do so, then they aren't to fond of that either.
    Let me know how that works out for ya.
    Tact. Try using that,you'll fare much better.
    Oh and by the way, these days or days gone by, the lack of common sense hasn't decreased nor increased.
    It's just more readily available for the world to see thanks to the internet.
    Your not the only instructor here so your preaching to the choir.....
    Last edited by Thunderhead; 10-04-2019 at 01:43 PM.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    I was in the market for a OWB holster for my S&W CS45 last year, and the clerk at Michigun asked me if I had the pistol with me, I said yes..he asked, can I see it...sure I say, then proceeded to remove it from my IWB holster, removed the magazine and cleared the chamber (pointed in a safe direction, of course)...didn't seem like a big deal (since he asked to see it). The reason he wanted to see it was because they didn't have one for the CS45 but did have one for the CS9, which fit.
    Some gun shops are more laid back than others...I wouldn't have produced the pistol had I not been asked to. Carrying it unloaded in the box would have probably been a better option, but it is my carry piece and I figured they would have had a holster that was made specifically for my pistol.

Well, Being that I use to work at one(FFL)... I've seen some things.
    NRA Life member, NRARSO, Howell Gun Club member, MDFI Alum 2019 & 2020, 2023 GOA Life Member. MGO life member.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast