Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Glock

First Glock

I own a few guns now but after looking around at such guns like G17,G34, M&P, Etc. I like how the TTI Glocks look. But I would rather do a custom build myself. Does anybody have an issues with glocks? People always say it breaks easily and not worth the money. I have never owned a polymer pistol before. I am still wanting a glock though. Any help will be great.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos47 View Post
    People always say it breaks easily and not worth the money.
    I've never heard anyone say that. I've heard them say that they don't like the grip diameter and they don't like the grip angle, but not that they break easily.

Glocks break easily? That's hilarious. In all the Glocks I've owned, I've never had any break. Did these people of which you speak also tell you how awesome Taurus firearms were as well?
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

I am a Forum User
    Glocks are amazingly reliable and easy to upgrade. I tell anybody looking for their first pistol to get a Glock 19. Everyone should have at least one 19!!

I'm an unabashed Glock hater. Don't like anything about them.
    Whoever told you they break easy or are unreliable doesn't have a clue what they're talking about. They run forever and are extremely durable. One of the most rugged polymer pistols out there. There is a reason there are about a billion of them out there.
    You could do far worse than Glock.

Dice

I am a Forum User
    I dont have a G19.
    I hate Glocks.
    I only own four.
    They dont break.

Joe

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    I've never heard anyone say that. I've heard them say that they don't like the grip diameter and they don't like the grip angle, but not that they break easily.

Look up glock torture test. The military and police wouldn't buy guns that are unreliable.
    They are also easily modified at home.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Agreed. And trigger sub par, with plastic sights, plastic guide rod.

Never heard anyone suggest anything than amongst the most reliable.

They basically make the same gun, so unlike say sig, fn, hk, SA, CZ they have different materials, profiles, grips. Glock is very much the same gun in 150 variations.

You like em or don't.

I respect the quality, wish they had a grip angle like 1911, xd, dig p228.

Just go buy a lightly used Glock 19. That's your starting point.
    Last edited by dirtmcgirt76239; 10-03-2019 at 11:37 PM.

I don’t like glock. I think they’re unattractive looking, basic, and outdated.

I own two, lol.

They make what I want (double stack, striker fired, poly frame 10mm’s), and they work. In the many years and thousands of rounds I’ve owned the 20C and 29, I don’t recall any malfunctions with them. The one time I thought I had an issue with a frame (thought it was cracking...it wasn’t) glock went through and replaced/ reconditioned the entire gun free of charge for the hassle. They even offered a replacement frame if I wanted it, even though they said there was nothing wrong with the one I had. (A flaw in one of their molds made it look like a crack was forming around the front slide rails, but it was a cosmetic casting imperfection that was there from day one and I never noticed it).

MGO Member
    My daily carry is a 27 year old G23 with who knows how many thousands of rounds through it. Never had a breakage, but have replaced the recoil spring for routine maintenance. Goes bang every time I ask it to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast