Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Glock

People always say it breaks easily and not worth the money. I have never owned a polymer pistol before. I am still wanting a glock though. Any help will be great.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone has ever said that.

I think old timers raised on alloy colts and sw were suspicious of Glock and poly stuff when it came out. Thinking the plastic was the same as their kids cheap toys.

I think everyone caught on by 1992 when I was a kid going to gun shows with my dad. I never heard a single person say this in real life, only related to stories on the by old timers.

MGO Member
    I own many, many pistols and if I could only keep one...it would be a Glock 19. Reliable and accurate for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I don’t like glock. I think they’re unattractive looking, basic, and outdated.

I own two, lol.

They make what I want (double stack, striker fired, poly frame 10mm’s), and they work. In the many years and thousands of rounds I’ve owned the 20C and 29, I don’t recall any malfunctions with them. The one time I thought I had an issue with a frame (thought it was cracking...it wasn’t) glock went through and replaced/ reconditioned the entire gun free of charge for the hassle. They even offered a replacement frame if I wanted it, even though they said there was nothing wrong with the one I had. (A flaw in one of their molds made it look like a crack was forming around the front slide rails, but it was a cosmetic casting imperfection that was there from day one and I never noticed it).
    they offered, did you take them up on it ? If so was it completely free, shipping there and back ?

The guy baited you all with that crap, where did he go? Lol!
    Active airport shooter

This is the plan I have come up with. Buy a Glock 34, Send it in to JagerWorks to get milled, then add flared magwell and stippling. Plus saw this guy on youtube who built one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NGnlzQEakA

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    they offered, did you take them up on it ? If so was it completely free, shipping there and back ?

I had to pay shipping there, but I got lucky and pulled some strings with the old FFL I used to work for and got it to them pretty cheap. They paid for the return. Being it was a gen 3, they said a new frame would have to come from Austria...it sounded like they were going to have to either pull one from NOS or make one (covered under warranty). I was quoted 4-6 months for a new frame. Being it’s a pistol I used on a regular basis I didn’t want it out of service for that long.

The explanation they gave me for the “crack” that wasn’t a crack is that one of their molds from one production run had a flaw in its casting. They even had the mold on hand and sent pictures of the imperfection. They assured me that the issue was entirely cosmetic, to which I believed them after reading their explanation. They also said they had logged my concern, and I could take them up on their offer at any time.

I was hesitant to send it to them in the first place, as it’s an older model 20C with the older “better” melonite finish. I bought it specifically because of the factory compensator, and didn’t want for them to say the gun was junked and have them replace it with a gen 4 (which is no longer offered in the “C” model).

As of right now, a few years later, I have plans to replace the frame with a slimmer and ‘cut’ Timberwolf frame with a larger mag release and flared mag well anyway. It will wind up being a race gun, as the gen 4 29 I have essentially replaced it as a carry gun. So the whole issue is pretty much moot.

The whole turn around with the entire rebuild (replaced all parts except the frame, slide, and barrel...even the sights free of charge) was about 2-3 weeks. The tech that worked on the gun even called me personally to talk about it.
    Last edited by Fuel Fire Desire; 10-05-2019 at 01:54 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Get a Glock, then a Smith, then a HK, and so on and so on. Eventually you’ll f the perfect one..,and have a few leftover.

I am a Forum User
    Ford vs. Chevy, Coke vs. Pepsi, Glock vs. everybody. Every brand, every model, you'll find haters and fan boys.

Quote Originally Posted by DenDen28 View Post
    Get a Glock, then a Smith, then a HK, and so on and so on. Eventually you’ll f the perfect one..,and have a few leftover.
    Pretty legit. You need some seat time to really know what you like. As long as you are not buying high end custom stuff and selling for nothing, nothing wrong with a couple 500 buck plastic fanastics and a 550 sig p226 p228 p229 for $550 used.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast