Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first delay!

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

My first delay!

I didn't have to be to work early today, so (having been in my new NC county long enough to qualify for pistol purchase permits) I figured it was time to put in my application so I could start picking up the gun I already paid for, and some other ones I had my eye on. I applied for 5 because i'm addicted to guns. They said on the website that approval could take up to 30 days, so I didn't want to wait any longer than necessary.
    While I was getting ready for work, I got a phone call and a text message saying my permits were ready to pick up. MINUTES instead of weeks!
    I still didn't need to be to work until 1, and I was going to be not "too far" from the gun shop where i had a gun waiting... so I went the long way - pick up the permits from the county sheriff, head to the shop, then work. Took longer than expected, but I would still be early...
    After picking up my pistol, I decided to buy an AR lower. Since the shop had already signed off on my 4473, they had me do a new one, and this one would require NICS because it didn't count under a pistol purchase permit...
    Apparently the ATF gets very nervous when somebody suddenly having NICS run in a new state, then tries to buy more 2 counties over...
    I waited and waited for the NICS to clear... but i kept waiting... finally the result came back - my first "delay" in the 19 years i've been steadily buying stuff. The shop wasn't very happy that they lost the sale, but all our hands were tied.

Since the shop was out of my normal route (was working a different place today, the gun store and permits added another hour to my 1.5hr drive) I may or may not make it back there once the result comes through. They don't have great hours, and I don't go that way often. MAYBE tomorrow since I'm working at that same location again, but they close at 6 and I usually work until after that...

The good news is that I made it to work about 1 minute before I was "late" and got done pretty much everything I was needed to. Oh, and I did get the pistol I had already paid for because that went through before NICS pooped on me.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Can I ask why you don't have a CPL?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I moved to NC.
    They don't accept MI CPLs as a nics exemption here.
    I haven't had a chance to take a NC class yet.
    Even when I take a class (hopefully soon, but i don't want to pay much for another boring 8+hr class), it could be a long while before I actually get my license.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    I moved to NC.
    Just what the heck are you shooting, Mister?!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

MGO Member
    I moved to NC.
    Mountains or Flatlands?

I have a lot of relatives in WNC, beautiful country.

Hope your delay is cleared up quickly.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    Mountains or Flatlands?

I have a lot of relatives in WNC, beautiful country.

Hope your delay is cleared up quickly.
    in the sand hills south of fayetteville.
    it's scenic if you like sheep, cows, horses, and thorny vines.

I am a Forum User
    I moved to NC.
    Have you gained access to Chad's basement yet?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Have you gained access to Chad's basement yet?
    not sure what you mean, so i'm gonna go with "no"
    but i did leave work (same site) today just early enough to get to the store about 5 minutes before they closed. they had left me a voicemail earlier in the day saying i got the PROCEED status.
    staff thanked me for coming back in, shook my hand, sold me a receiver, and i was on my way.

still a little salty about it, and they definitely understood... but it all worked out.

I am a Forum User
    I moved to NC.
    They don't accept MI CPLs as a nics exemption here.
    I haven't had a chance to take a NC class yet.
    Even when I take a class (hopefully soon, but i don't want to pay much for another boring 8+hr class), it could be a long while before I actually get my license.
    Not trying to be offensive, but how are you on the MGO Board still living/residing in NC???

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by JWWIII View Post
    Not trying to be offensive, but how are you on the MGO Board still living/residing in NC???
    long story, but i was transparent about my pending move before the election, and had enough votes from the members.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast