Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

300 Blackout Pistol -- barrel length

Considering adding 300 aac blackout pistol to my collection. Really considering suppressor also. What barrel length are most happy with - 7.5", 8.5", 10.5" ??? Might also be adding a 16" rifle too, but the pistol looks like fun plinker, just cool. Just curious.

9" was what AAC had for their first offerings. I have one of those and a couple 8.3" BA Hanson barreled uppers. I also have 10.5" and 16" Hardened arms uppers. I say go with the 8.5" range.

I am a Forum User
    If you are just building one, and you plan on using it for anything other than plinking, longer is better in my opinion. While the 300blk is efficient, it’s anemic. For supers, you won’t lose much going from a 16” to 12.5”. A 10.5” will lose a little more, but not a whole lot. Personally, I would say 8.5” at a minimum, but closer to 10.5” if you can.

If you are building 2, then I’d say it doesn’t really matter. Go super short on the one, and run mainly subs. The other one, I would say try to get all you can out of the supers. Go 16” carbine gas. Maybe even a 12.5” pistol gas (or bhw c5 gas) because you shouldn’t lose a whole lot to the 16” barrel.

That’s my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by BMT85; 10-05-2019 at 06:19 AM.

MGO Member
    I ended up using an 8.3" BA Hanson on mine based on my desire to generally shoot subs and have an optimal length for a pistol.
    If at first you don't succeed, don't skydive.

I am a Forum User
    My favorite for performance has been a CMMG 8.5". At the moment I'm working on a BA 6" build.

I am a Forum User
    If you're looking at a specific suppressor, the manufacturer may specify a minimum barrel length that the suppressor is rated for.