Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Harbor Freight pocketknives recalled

PHP Code:
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/harbor-freight-pocketknives-recalled 
    More than 1M Harbor Freight pocketknives recalled over 'laceration hazard''

More than 1 million pocketknives have been recalled due to a "laceration hazard," safety officials announced Friday.
    "Gordon Folding Knives" by Harbor Freight Tools were recalled after the company received at least seven reports "of the knife failing to lock" — resulting in at least six reports of laceration injuries, and at least four people needing medical attention.
    CHICKEN SALAD PRODUCTS RECALLED OVER LISTERIA CONCERNS
    People "should immediately stop using the recalled knives and return them to a Harbor Freight Tools store," the U.S. Consumer Producer Safety Commission detailed in a news release. Consumers who do so will receive a $5 gift card as a full refund.

Around 1.1 million Gordon Folding Knives, sold by Harbor Freight Tools from July 2008 until July 2019, have been recalled due to a "laceration hazard." (U.S. Consumer Producer Safety Commission)

Made of stainless steel, the pocketknives have black metal on the handle with "five cutouts on each side of the handle." They are about 3 inches long and include a silver metal belt attached to the handle. One side of the knife has "China" printed on it, while the other side reads "Stainless Steel," officials said.
    CLICK FOR THE ALL-NEW FOXBUSINESS.COM
    The knives were sold for roughly $5 online and at the tool store from July 2008 through July 2019, officials said. The California-based company has more than 1,000 stores across the U.S. and sells "great quality tools at the lowest prices," according to the store's website.

" It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Hazard Freight.... "Just as good as a Gerber/Kershaw/Benchmade/______ but 1/4 the price".

Frame lock knives are always a good idea.

I am a Forum User
    “One side of the knife has China printed on it”. Really a Harbor Freight product made in China... As opposed to all of their US made products. lol

sounds about right. I try not to buy anything there that is sharp, spins, or runs on gas.

I buy trays, magnets, rarely used tools with little to no moving parts.

You can get gerber or or similar stuff for 5 bucks more.

Buy a 30 knife that is half decent and get to like it over 20 years, or 50-60 even better. Thats good enough for most people, but not wasteful.

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    Hazard Freight.... "Just as good as a Gerber/Kershaw/Benchmade/______ but 1/4 the price".
    Never could see the lure of knifes with soft steel, poor locks and a chintzy feel no matter how cheap the pice. There are fair to good quality blades out there for just a couple more bucks then the gas station counter, or harbor freight crap if you look. If it says China or Pakistan on it I wouldn’t even give it a look.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    sounds about right. I try not to buy anything there that is sharp, spins, or runs on gas.

their angle grinders are phenomenal in my use. Can't kill em.

In Memoriam Forum User
    We have found some values! Their nitrile rubber gloves are excellent. I've been real happy with my Predator 4,000 watt generator for only $359. I bought a handy 12VDC portable water pump that works well. Their air compressor hoses are good as are their heavy gauge extension cords, both at a great price! Hand trucks and dollies are decent for the money. Their folding lock-back razor utility knives/box cutter are excellent with a very positive locking blade.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    their angle grinders are phenomenal in my use. Can't kill em.
    I have a dewalt, a ryobi, and a a skil. Ryobi circa 2002, dewalt circa 2005, skil circa 2007. I am surprised I never cooked the ryboi when I only had one, and it was only like 26-30 bucks I wasnt going to stop working, but never cooked it. Now I have more, I can put one down.

Meh, I would maybe try a HF grinder if i cooked one of mine and it was cheap enough. Just not impressed, prices seem to have gone up quite a bit on a lot of stuff the last ten years where its almost as much as nicer stuff at the big box store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast