Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In Memoriam Forum User

SIG BRAVO 3x24 PRISM SCOPE?

I'm 69 years old, left eye is dominant. I have minor astigmatism in my right eye. I have an internal flaw (can't even begin to pronounce or spell the name of it) in my left eye that causes vertical lines to appear wavy. I had cataract surgery in both eyes, but I went with premium Baush & Lomb Crystal lens implants that actually can auto focus using your eye's own muscles and they work very well. But you can imagine my concerns trying to determine what type of optic I should purchase. I don't do well with red-dots even Aimpoints as the dot appears distorted. I don't like EOTech's holographic sights as the reticle appears fuzzy or blurry not well defined. High power scopes don't work sell for me. So I checked out a SIG BRAVO 3x24 lighted reticle scope.

It appears to be a brother from another mother, very similar if not identical to several other manufactures such as: Burris 3X, Vortex Spitfire 3X, Primary Arms 3X, BSA 3X, and I probably missed a couple. I think Burris was the first manufacture to introduce this scope and many of it's clones have been on the market for years. About the only thing unfavorable I've read about any of them is that their a little heavy compared to some alternatives. I don't think SIG actually manufactures and optics they've been putting their name on in recent years, not that it matters. I haven't been able to find too many reviews on the SIG BRAVO, not sure how long it's been out. But the reviews & videos on the Burris, Vortex and Primary Arms have been favorable. Below is features and specifications on this sight.

Product Info for Sig Sauer Bravo3 3x24mm Red Dot Sight

The Sig Sauer Bravo3 3x24mm Battle Sight is an incredibly powerful tool for your AR/MSR platform rifle. These Red Dot Sights by the experts at Sig Sauer combine crystal clear fixed power optics with super bright illumination for a clear image that will quicken your target acquisition. With intuitive reticles and a rugged aluminum housing, these Sig Sauer Bravo3 3x Tactical Sights are designed to work for you and with you. Mount this Sig Sauer Bravo3 AR/MSR Red Dot Sight on your favorite gun and see the difference Sig Sauer makes.

Specifications for Sig Sauer Bravo3 3x24mm Red Dot Sight:

Color: Graphite
    Finish: Matte
    Fabric/Material: Aluminum
    Magnification: 3 x
    Objective Lens Diameter: 24 mm
    Illumination Color: Red
    Brightness Settings: 10
    Eye Relief: Unlimited
    Adjustment Type: MOA
    Adjustment Click Value: 0.5 MOA
    W/E Travel at 100 Yds: 100 MOA
    Lens Material: Glass
    Optical Coating: HDX
    Attachment/Mount Type: MIL-STD 1913
    Battery Type: CR2
    Battery Quantity: 1
    Battery Life: 40000 hours
    Operating Temperature: -40 - 140 Fahrenheit
    Weather Resistance: Yes
    Water Resistance Level: IPX-8
    Water Resistant Mark: 400 m
    Shockproof: Yes
    Fogproof: Yes
    Gun Model: All models
    Height: 2 in
    Included Accessories: Batteries, Mount, Mounting Tool, Lens Covers, Lens Cloth
    Features of Sig Sauer Bravo3 3x24mm Battle Sight, SD9-RD-BTHTY:

Designed for Professionals and Civilian MSR/AR Shooters
    40% Wider Field of View Than Current Battle Sights
    Distortion Free Image
    Edge-to-Edge Clarity
    Integrated Picatinny Top Rail for Accessories

Any feedback on SIG's BRAVO 3x24 Prism Scope?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I can’t comment on this specific model, but no, Sig does not make their own optics. I have two other models, one is made by vortex, the other by holosun. They are cosmetically slightly different from the manufacturers own line of products, but the architecture is the same. Both are fantastic quality, function well, and have good glass. The holosun manufactured optic sits on an Ultimak rail and gets cooked and beat around on a regular basis. No malfunctions.

I’d have no problem buying another Sig branded optic again.

I cant confirm what fuel said, but have heard it repeated before, that they use the same chinese supplier, or manufacturer and its the same or very close to the same sharing many or most parts.

vigilant, if you look I made a post about prism red dots a few days ago, I have an astigmatism but no other problems, very mild prescription, only need them long distance, I see fine up close with no glasses.

Prisms are supposedly what you or I would want to look at, all other things being equal, same sort of mid level high value affordable name brand stuff, medium price go with a prism over holographic, or what ever the other technologies are.

You might be able to go to the big box places and try a few out in person and easy your conscience you are not dropping 250 for a blurry mess.

My two medium low end priced vortex strikefire ii and primary arms are not a perfect dot, but I still find them very useful to get on targer quickly.

The primary arms will be a squirrel slayer, so a little blue doesn't matter, I need the contrast in dark canopy of trees, so as long as I see three red dots close together its good enough for me at 40-50 yards or less.

I would be pissed if I spend 1100-1700 and it looked like that to me. I only spent 99-130 ish.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I can’t comment on this specific model, but no, Sig does not make their own optics. I have two other models, one is made by vortex, the other by holosun. They are cosmetically slightly different from the manufacturers own line of products, but the architecture is the same. Both are fantastic quality, function well, and have good glass. The holosun manufactured optic sits on an Ultimak rail and gets cooked and beat around on a regular basis. No malfunctions.

I’d have no problem buying another Sig branded optic again.
    Good info!

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    vigilant, if you look I made a post about prism red dots a few days ago, I have an astigmatism but no other problems, very mild prescription, only need them long distance, I see fine up close with no glasses.

Prisms are supposedly what you or I would want to look at, all other things being equal, same sort of mid level high value affordable name brand stuff, medium price go with a prism over holographic, or what ever the other technologies are.

You might be able to go to the big box places and try a few out in person and easy your conscience you are not dropping 250 for a blurry mess.
    Yes I saw your post and that's what motivated me to look into the prism type red-dots more. I think this SIG sight will be plenty good enough for me. I'm not deploying to Pakistan, probably not further than my living room until next spring! Thanks for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    Yes I saw your post and that's what motivated me to look into the prism type red-dots more. I think this SIG sight will be plenty good enough for me. I'm not deploying to Pakistan, probably not further than my living room until next spring! Thanks for responding.

Looking at that pic, if it’s the Burris model I think it is in a different package, it’s a good optic. Good glass, no fisheye, and shockingly crisp/ clean looking to the edges. It’s just a bit on the heavy side. But accepting that, it feels like a substantial piece of gear and is built like a tank. When I worked for an FFL, we sold a lot of those under the Burris name.

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    if you are buying one of the clones, a number of them, a number of the different models have varying warranties. From as little as 1-2 years up to lifetime. I felt fine buying vortex under 200 I think and primary arms at 130 ish knowing these particular models were lifetime warranty.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    if you are buying one of the clones, a number of them, a number of the different models have varying warranties. From as little as 1-2 years up to lifetime. I felt fine buying vortex under 200 I think and primary arms at 130 ish knowing these particular models were lifetime warranty.
    SIG's electro-optics have a lifetime unlimited warranty!

Nice. I'll keep an on on them coming months, I want to throw a prism on my other AK.

In Memoriam Forum User
    It is a hefty bugger! It weighs in at 12.4 oz., I noticed they left that out of the specs. They use glass lenses (not plastic) and the housing & mount is very strong! It's not much heavier then numerous other options however.

An Alcan SpecterDR weighs in at just under 25 oz, twice as much!
    Last edited by VIGILANT; 10-08-2019 at 03:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast