Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    Seems like the shareholders have a case. He knows his actions lost money, and he continued down that road - to the point of purposely destroying goods that could have been sold, and he has no plans to change course or stop losing money.

I would be ANGRY if my money was involved in this.
    Can't have skin in that game if you don't play the lottery known as the stock market

The rich don't even have money in stocks; It's all in bonds and such with a set maturity. If the company goes under, bonds get paid out first, and then shareholders. They aren't dependent on the whims of a some SJW CEO either.

I am a Forum User
    Would have done more damage to the guns co by sending them bank...they paid for that inventory, it's theirs to do with as they wish

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    Fake news! They'll either end up on Craig's List next week or they'll donated them to law enforcement agencies etc. It's just a feel-good story for the snowflakes!

Dicks hasn't had stock on ARs since they pulled them after Sandy hook.

They then transferred all of that business to the new chain that they created "Field an Stream". What they are doing there isn't in the news much, except that those stores are failing too.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Pond Scum View Post
    It isn't clear to me what this means ..... $250 million in lost profit? Or $250 million in lost sales. Looking at the last 5 quarterly income statements it looks like similar results year to year in both profits and sales. Stock price seems to be holding its own or trending slightly up. Does he mean $250 million down from what they "might have done?" Or is his statement some kind of weird virtue signaling?

I guess that I'm just confused. Sigh.

Stack added that the decisions cost the company roughly $250 million in lost sales.

Thanks Smoke!!

MGO Member
    Sounds like total B.S., Don't believe for a nano second Dicks can afford to trash 5 mil worth of anything!

I am a Forum User
    Don't shoot the messenger!
    ...Relevant content to the "OP" only!

Lofty ideals that otherwise hides the hypocrisy of the left.
    These same thoughts seem not to apply to how the left treats Chick-Fil-A, or Hobby Lobby.

Ed Stack: 3 Ways To Do Better By Doing Good

Name:  Stack Ed (Dick's).jpg
Views: 74
Size:  64.6 KB
    Dick's Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack (Photo by Roy Rochlin/Getty Images)Getty Images

Build a business. Take a stand. Make a difference.

Those words sum up what every businessperson should be thinking these days. At a time when our elected officials are paralyzed by partisanship, business leaders are stepping to the fore.

One such CEO is Ed Stack of Dick’s Sporting Goods, a big-box retailer. In the wake of the Parkland shooting, Dick's stopped selling assault rifles and raised the gun purchase age to 21. The retailer also destroyed more than $5 million worth of guns lest they fall into the wrong hands.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12