Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Dick’s Destroyed $5 Mil. Worth of AR's

Dick’s Destroyed $5 Mil. Worth of ‘Assault Rifles’ to Keep Them ‘Off the Street’

AP Photo/Keith Srakocic

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    October 6th. 2019

Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack told CBS News that his company destroyed $5 million worth of “assault-style rifles” to keep them out of private hands.

Dick’s announced a halt to “assault-style rifles” two weeks after the February 14, 2018, Parkland high school shooting.

On April 17, 2018, Breitbart News reported that Dick’s was destroying its “assault-style rifle” inventory, rather than returning the firearms to their manufacturers. Fox News quoted a spokesperson from Dick’s saying, “We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change. We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.”

During his October 6, CBS News appearance, CEO Ed Stack said the company ended up destroying $5 million worth of “assault-style rifles.”

Stack also admitted the Dick’s gun control stance has resulted in “a quarter of a billion [dollars]” in loses. But Stack does not regret the gun control stance. Rather, he is considering taking the company even further down the gun control path.

As of right now, 100 Dick’s stores no longer sell guns of any kind. Stack is thinking about expanding that policy so that no Dick’s store sells a gun.

Only a Dick would do that.

Dice

In Memoriam Forum User
    Fake news! They'll either end up on Craig's List next week or they'll donated them to law enforcement agencies etc. It's just a feel-good story for the snowflakes!

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    Fake news! They'll either end up on Craig's List next week or they'll donated them to law enforcement agencies etc. It's just a feel-good story for the snowflakes!
    True. If it they had been destroyed, the event would of been grandstanded and virtue signaled with media to record the momentous occasion.

I'm sure Holder can get rid of them for a profit.
    Teachers leave them kids alone
    Hey! teacher! leave us kids alone!

I am a Forum User
    That's like a grocery store throwing away perfectly good food that could feed the homeless.

I hope it helps their shareholders sleep better at night!

NBD. The manufacturers already got paid for their product, and they’ll make more to fill demand. It’s Dicks loss alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    Dick’s Destroyed $5 Mil. Worth of ‘Assault Rifles’ to Keep Them ‘Off the Street’

AP Photo/Keith Srakocic

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    October 6th. 2019

Dick’s Sporting Goods CEO Ed Stack told CBS News that his company destroyed $5 million worth of “assault-style rifles” to keep them out of private hands.

Dick’s announced a halt to “assault-style rifles” two weeks after the February 14, 2018, Parkland high school shooting.

On April 17, 2018, Breitbart News reported that Dick’s was destroying its “assault-style rifle” inventory, rather than returning the firearms to their manufacturers. Fox News quoted a spokesperson from Dick’s saying, “We are in the process of destroying all firearms and accessories that are no longer for sale as a result of our February 28th policy change. We are destroying the firearms in accordance with federal guidelines and regulations.”

During his October 6, CBS News appearance, CEO Ed Stack said the company ended up destroying $5 million worth of “assault-style rifles.”

Stack also admitted the Dick’s gun control stance has resulted in “a quarter of a billion [dollars]” in loses. But Stack does not regret the gun control stance. Rather, he is considering taking the company even further down the gun control path.

As of right now, 100 Dick’s stores no longer sell guns of any kind. Stack is thinking about expanding that policy so that no Dick’s store sells a gun.
    The part in bold is the most important part because lots of gun folks say it is pointless to boycott an anti gun business.

That is one gun owner at a time NOT shopping at Dicks adding up to many gun owners causing Dicks to lose a quarter of a billion dollars. You can bet other businesses noticed Dick's taking an anti gun stance resulted in gun owners causing a loss of a quarter of a billion dollars.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Seems like the shareholders have a case. He knows his actions lost money, and he continued down that road - to the point of purposely destroying goods that could have been sold, and he has no plans to change course or stop losing money.

I would be ANGRY if my money was involved in this.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Stack also admitted the Dick’s gun control stance has resulted in “a quarter of a billion [dollars]” in loses.
    It isn't clear to me what this means ..... $250 million in lost profit? Or $250 million in lost sales. Looking at the last 5 quarterly income statements it looks like similar results year to year in both profits and sales. Stock price seems to be holding its own or trending slightly up. Does he mean $250 million down from what they "might have done?" Or is his statement some kind of weird virtue signaling?

I guess that I'm just confused. Sigh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast