Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

SCOTUS Rejects Effort by NYC to Toss Gun Case

SCOTUS Rejects Effort by NYC to Toss Case Over Gun Control Measure

Retail firearm display. (Photo: Chris Ratcliffe/Bloomberg)

By Dan Clark
    Law.com
    October 7th. 2019

The U.S. Supreme Court declined to toss a case over a restrictive gun regulation in New York City on Monday.

In an order handed down Monday, the Supreme Court disagreed that the case immediately became moot after the city relaxed that regulation and the New York State Legislature approved a law addressing it.

While the U.S. Supreme Court refused to set the case aside, the justices according to the order are prepared to address whether the matter has been rendered moot by actions to withdraw the measures by the city government and state lawmakers.

“The respondents’ suggestion of mootness is denied,” the order read. “The question of mootness will be subject to further consideration at oral argument, and the parties should be prepared to discuss it.”

MGO Member
    New York City picked a fight they didn't want to fight and are trapped in a corner.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    New York City picked a fight they didn't want to fight and are trapped in a corner.
    Reminds me of a phrase I see a lot from Dark Angel Medical. "The time chooses you". I hope this will be New York's time to get spanked.
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington