Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luckless View Post
    I didn't know there was a Narco and Vallium registry.
    The database that collects and stores prescription information is called the Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP), Michigan is one of the 45 states, it maybe more now, that participate. It was implemented to help prevent "doctor shopping" for obtaining multiple prescriptions for the same drug.

Even before the PDMP was implemented, many years ago when I was employed in law enforcement, the DEA Agent assigned to pharmacy prescription inspections would stop by and let us know who was buying alot of the same prescription drugs from multiple pharmacy's.

Hypothetical: Let's say a person smoked to alleviate pain, anxiety, nausea, whatever, and has a cpl. Does not have a MM card.
    Said person is able to buy medical or recreational varieties anywhere. Getting high is not the objective, but a feel good, get the grass cut and go for a walk ability is.

Now, let' imagine said person is in a store, and involved in a SD situation with gunfire. For some reason it involves federal. Maybe a fed was in the store.
    My gun and cpl are turned over, they run a check, and IF I had a MM card, would that show in the check? Being federal, would having a MM card matter, since it's a class 1 drug?

I would think they could make things sticky for you, and a good reason not to get the card.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    What about the CBD oils that are commonly advertised for pain relief? I keep telling people that using CBD oil removes their right to purchase and possess firearms under Federal law, but most people just blow it off. They claim their brand of CBD has zero THC and therefore does not affect the right to guns, yet from everything I can find on ATF web sites and other legal info sites, ANY CBD regardless of THC level is a disqualifier.

Quote Originally Posted by One of Many View Post
    What about the CBD oils that are commonly advertised for pain relief? I keep telling people that using CBD oil removes their right to purchase and possess firearms under Federal law, but most people just blow it off. They claim their brand of CBD has zero THC and therefore does not affect the right to guns, yet from everything I can find on ATF web sites and other legal info sites, ANY CBD regardless of THC level is a disqualifier.
    Isnt CBD made from hemp?
    Would owning a hemp T-shirt disqualify you from owning a gun? You would be a "User" by wearing it.

I am a Forum User
    My opinion just like gun owners say if you don't like the 2nd amendment then go thru the process to change it. If you don't like the federal laws against pot then go thru the process to change them. Elect people that will change them. It should be a whole lot easier to legalize pot at a federal level than it will be to amend the constitution.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    My opinion just like gun owners say if you don't like the 2nd amendment then go thru the process to change it. If you don't like the federal laws against pot then go thru the process to change them. Elect people that will change them. It should be a whole lot easier to legalize pot at a federal level than it will be to amend the constitution.
    Why should we need an amendment? "Shall not be infringed" is clear as day to me!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainGun View Post
    Why should we need an amendment? "Shall not be infringed" is clear as day to me!
    No don't get me wrong. What I'm saying is if they want to change gun laws they need to change the constitution because like you say the constitution is clear on "shall not be infringed" and many of the things they have already done and claim they are going to do would require a constitutional amendment. So if that's what this country wants then that is what they should do. Changing the constitution is a whole lot hardy than trump decreeing bumpstocks are banned. Follow the process to change the constitution or follow the process to change the laws on Marijuana or follow the process to change the laws on immigration. Trump is getting bashed for enforcing laws on immigration that he didn't create though many people like Shifty and Pelosi were in office when some of those laws were created. It's really up to them and our other elected representatives to change these laws. The president shouldn't be regulating guns, marijuana, or immigration or even most things via executive order.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Isnt CBD made from hemp?
    Yes, but both CBD and THC are present in hemp plants. It's less likely that THC shows up in CBD products derived from hemp (versus marijuana-derived CBD), but it's still possible.

While most CBD products shouldn't result in a positive on a drug test, some CBD products do contain trace amounts of THC. And if enough is present, it can show up.

CBD products aren't regulated by the FDA, so it's not easy to know which ones might contain THC. The origin of the hemp as well as how it's harvested might result in THC contamination.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    CBD products aren't regulated by the FDA, so it's not easy to know which ones might contain THC. The origin of the hemp as well as how it's harvested might result in THC contamination.
    From what I understand a pure field of Hemp can be contaminated through cross pollination of marijuana, causing increased levels of THC in the Hemp. I forget what the tolerances of THC are for Hemp grown for CBD products but once that tolerance is exceeded your Hemp crop is worthless.

Banned Forum User
    Hey! Sorry for resurrecting a damn old thread, but I have a question about this. I use CBD from time to time because I have sleeping problems. Mostly I buy CBD Europe produced gummies from the internet. It doesn't contain THC (I took it to the lab, and they told me that it doesn't contain THC). This stuff is drug-free. At least, mostly. Can it be a problem for me if I will buy a gun? Maybe the police consider CBD as a drug or something? I don't know how all this stuff works.
    Last edited by kirikmasleniczki; 06-15-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast