Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

9mm Supressor Host? CZ P01,P07 or maybe 92fs? Suggestions

Put in my paperwork and cash for a rugged obsidian 45 ... thinking about a host pistol. I have a .45acp host I love, but 9mm, don't know. Thought about 226, PPQ M2, others. But I love my CZ75 pre-b and I like my Grisan Reguard (92 clone). Thinking a CZ P01 Omega or P07, maybe a 92fs with threaded barrel, or the Grisan clone w/threaded. Looking for suggestions. Not a hot thing as there is a lot of waiting coming up. But you know the excitement of a new firearm.

I am a Forum User
    Buy something already setup from the factory with OEM threaded barrel and high sights. Walther is a great choice, as is the new tricked out Canik.

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Buy something already setup from the factory with OEM threaded barrel and high sights. Walther is a great choice, as is the new tricked out Canik.
    We are thinking the same way.. I have a 5" PPQ M2 target - great gun so I am considering a Walther Navy - but for suppressor height sights you have to after market. I do have to admit I like the Girsan Reguard 92 clone as much now that I put a lighter trigger spring in it. Never owned a Canik but what ever I get factory threaded with suppressor height sights will figure into it.

Try it with normal sights. Put the front sight on target, it's obscured but your mind will overlay it.

Banned
    Glock.

I am a Forum User
    I put my Octane 9 on a HK VP9T and I like it as a host. You’re welcome to try it since it looks like you’re around here.

If I couldn’t have that I’d probably look at the Caniks. They intrigue me, but I don’t think they’re quite as lefty friendly.

I have a few hosts in my office if you want to come look.
    We can mount up one of my Obsidians and you can see how it feels.

I got them before things took off, but I got threaded barrels for both my PCR and SP01 Shadow.

Went out over the last week and shot several different pistols, read tons of reviews, considering price -- narrowed it down to C09, XDM OSP, Walther Navy -- decided on the XDM OSP w/threaded barrel but no optic yet. 499$ from Sportsman Outdoor SuperStore. Found it cheaper one place but couldn't get the ^&$&^%&*^% website to work. Really liked the way the XDM felt, liked I could add optic w/o problem, suppressor height sights, extra non-threaded barrel. I liked the capacity too. I did take a big liking to a P226 Tacops also, but price is a lot more.

To me not a ton of difference twixt the 3 pistols - trigger on Walther was best, but XDM ain't bad, I don't like FDE color or Ubran Grey but the CP09 was damn close too, trigger on the CP09 is good, not as good as Walther. However the OSP optic package, price & capacity sold me on the XDM - plus a plethora of aftermarket options. A Cajun Gun Works CP would have fit the bill well, but the cost is pretty high to.
    Last edited by Mkc451; 10-20-2019 at 10:24 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Congrats! Hopefully a bunch of people won't come in here and on your decision to support Springfield.

I agree the XDM feels great in hand, but as a rule, the best time to buy a Springfield is when they are running the gear up and go promotion where you get a ton of free mags.