Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Non Resident New Hampshire Permit

There was some questions regarding what you MUST put on the application for a non-resident New Hampshire Pistol/Revolver License for the "reason".

https://www.migunowners.org/forum/sh...=1#post3146594

I ended-up applying to see for myself if putting "Self Defense" in the reason box, vs "All Proper Purposes" would result in the application being denied.

Application mailed out on September 25, 2019 with "Self Defense" stated as "reason".
    Check cashed on October 10, 2019.
    Permit received in mail on October 15, 2019. (one day shy of 3 weeks)

So, I am here, with first-hand experience, to tell anyone wondering…"Self Defense" IS an accepted "reason" when applying for a New Hampshire Non-Resident Permit.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

FINE I APOLOGIZE.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    FINE I APOLOGIZE.
    No apology necessary! You were asserting what you believed to be true in hopes of preventing anyone from losing their money and getting denied.

Honestly, I was kind of hoping that they WOULD deny it so I could further engage with them, providing them with copy of their own state law that says that "self defense" is an acceptable reason and asking them why they are not following their own law!

But, alas…no challenge needed. I'm betting that someone already beat me to it!
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    I forgot to change my address on my FL Non Res CPL and let it lapse.... application was fairly uninvolved but required prints, pictures and a notary stamp, I don’t remember the fee but was something like $110 for 7 years.

I’ve been meaning to work on another Non Res permit, NH looks to be the one to get just from the simplicity, despite the fee.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    FINE I APOLOGIZE.
    Haha! Thanks to you bringing it up in the first place a bunch of MI residents now have NH permits!

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for doing that Tom. I wanted to but haven't been able to come up with the $100 yet.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    PT or SCG, did you guys include a copy of your MI CPL with the application? The walkthrough on USCCA states it’s required, but I don’t see it on the application?
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    I just recently did mine. I just filled out the form that I printed off their website with a check for $100 and in just over a week which included Labor day weekend I revived my license in the mail. Super fast turn around and very easy. No photo/prints or copies of anything needed.

Joe

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    PT or SCG, did you guys include a copy of your MI CPL with the application? The walkthrough on USCCA states it’s required, but I don’t see it on the application?
    I submitted the application and a check for $100. Nothing more, nothing less.

I am a Forum User
    The Arizona's license was very easy and painless. Initial application fee was $60. No picture required, but they did require proof of Firearms Qualifications & 2 finger print cards. (I sent a copy of my Michigan CPL and a copy of my CPL Training Certificate.)

Social Security number is not required, but it helps to expedite approval.

Mine was approved and mailed to me 9 days after the date I mailed my application.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast