Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Does the permit have an effective date, or just the expiration date?
    They have effective dates. 159:6 lets them set the length of the license for as long as they desire. It just can’t be for less than 5 years. The State Police make it valid for 5 years + the last day of the month of your next birthday.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared1981 View Post
    They have effective dates. 159:6 lets them set the length of the license for as long as they desire. It just can’t be for less than 5 years. The State Police make it valid for 5 years + the last day of the month of your next birthday.
    Thanks very much. I just wondered if the issue date was shown on the permit itself.
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Thanks very much. I just wondered if the issue date was shown on the permit itself.
    Yeah. I put up a copy of my first NH license, they had (and still do) issue dates. But back then they were valid for a minimum of 4 years. So the State Police just had them set at 4 years to the day.

Interestingly, Florida just removed the issuance dates on their licenses. My new FL one doesn’t have one. My RI and my TX licenses don’t have issue dates either.
    Last edited by Jared1981; 11-15-2019 at 10:52 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared1981 View Post

Interestingly, Florida just removed the issuance dates on their licenses. My new FL one doesn’t have one. My RI and my TX licenses don’t have issue dates either.
    So, will FL, RI, and TX notify you at renewal time, or is that for you to keep track of?

Quote Originally Posted by Northcountry2007 View Post
    So, will FL, RI, and TX notify you at renewal time, or is that for you to keep track of?
    Florida will mail you a renewal declaration and a fingerprint card.
    Texas will mail you a reminder, email you a reminder, and you can renew online, mail, or by fax.
    Rhode Island, renewal is all on you. Mass is the same way.

I keep track of it all on my own though. It’s not as hard as some make it out to be.

I started another thread on this in August but since this thread is newer I'll post here.

Name:  NH.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  44.9 KB

I originally mailed mine November 14th and got it today. I had forgotten to date it next to my signature so the application was sent back for me to sign. They didn't make me pay again and didn't cash the check until after the issue date of the license. This experience makes me want to live in NH but that isn't economically convenient.

Yes there exist adult males who are shorter than PhotoTom. I thought that I should put the height from my Michigan DL rather than add the extra ¼".
    Last edited by kryl; 12-12-2019 at 03:07 PM. Reason: OCD

whats the advantage to the NH permit ?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    whats the advantage to the NH permit ?
    https://www.migunowners.org/forum/showthread.php?347070

If you mean NH vs other States…
    VERY easy process…fill out the form, mail it in with a check for $100…done!

Other States require fingerprint cards.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post

If you mean NH vs other States…
    VERY easy process…fill out the form, mail it in with a check for $100…done!

Other States require fingerprint cards.
    And it's honored here in Michigan no problem ?

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    And it's honored here in Michigan no problem ?
    It does nothing for carrying concealed in Michigan…and isn't needed for carrying in the issuing state if you have a MI CPL.

The purpose of having an out of state license is to be legally exempt from registering handguns in Michigan as a Michigan resident.

Full info here:
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast