Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayMich View Post
    The Arizona's license was very easy and painless. Initial application fee was $60. No picture required, but they did require proof of Firearms Qualifications & 2 finger print cards. (I sent a copy of my Michigan CPL and a copy of my CPL Training Certificate.)

Social Security number is not required, but it helps to expedite approval.

Mine was approved and mailed to me 9 days after the date I mailed my application.
    By the time most can organize 2 print cards and add the time and cost to the process it’s pretty much a wash IMHO.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    By the time most can organize 2 print cards and add the time and cost to the process it’s pretty much a wash IMHO.
    For sure with me!

I think the reason for NH's change in CPL proof is, their laws changed back in 2017 and they are now "constitutional carry" (no permit required).
    They are still more than happy to take $100 from residents and non-residents that want a card anyway...
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    For sure with me!

I think the reason for NH's change in CPL proof is, their laws changed back in 2017 and they are now "constitutional carry" (no permit required).
    They are still more than happy to take $100 from residents and non-residents that want a card anyway...
    By your third renewal your New Hampshire CPL will cost $300.
    My Arizona CPL will cost me $158 ($12 for prints).
    Just saying...
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    Just saying...
    Over a period of 15 years, so $9.47 per year (or 2.6 cents per day) for the convenience of just filling out an application and mailing it in with a check…nothing more, nothing less.
    Just saying…

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Over a period of 15 years, so $9.47 per year (or 2.6 cents per day) for the convenience of just filling out an application and mailing it in with a check…nothing more, nothing less.
    Just saying…
    My bad. I worded that wrong. Should have said, after your second renewal...
    You are paying $20 per year.

Arizona: $60 + $12 for prints = $72 initial application. $14/ yr for the first 5 years.
    $43 renewal every 5 years. $8.60/yr thereafter.

NH: $100 for initial application. $20/yr.
    $100 renewal. $20/ every year thereafter.

But, when money is no object...

I am a Forum User

Arizona: $60 + $12 for prints = $72 initial application. $14/ yr for the first 5 years.

But you don't count the *time* spent getting the prints done.
    Once time is gone, it can never be recovered & Toms time is important.

I am a Forum User
    I didn't spend any additional time, since I was going to the Sheriff's Office anyway. It cost me $10 for the 2 Print Cards (The fee now is $15). So my initial cost was $70 for the first 5 years ($14/year)

'The AZ License is good for 5-Years and Renewal costs is $43 ($8.60/year)

But everyone's preferences/needs and expenses are different.

I am a Forum User
    PT or SCG, did you guys include a copy of your MI CPL with the application? The walkthrough on USCCA states it’s required, but I don’t see it on the application?
    I think that was an old requirement.

MGO Board of Directors

Aren't choices wonderful!

I'm not saying "money is no object"…but we ALL pay for convenience in one form or another.
    My parents used to buy a big jar of applesauce and spoon out portions in a little tupperware like bowls for lunches…
    My wife wants the individually packaged ones where you peel the aluminum foil top off, it is fresh and the bowl/lid is tossed afterward (vs having to clean).
    It costs a lot more over a period of a year and it isn't as environmentally friendly…but it is convenient.

For me, the extra $11.40/yr (again, using your math) is worth the convenience of being able to just fill the form out and mail it in. Heck, I even put that off for a month before I finally got around to it! Add having to make a trip to the PD, deal with all of their questions ("why do you need this?" "why are you trying to circumvent registration?" "all you have to do is drop the RI-60 off at the window, what's so bad about that?", etc)…pay their fees hope someone is around that can do it vs having to wait for an officer to be called-in off the road….hope they make the impressions clear enough to pass muster in AZ…or I'll have to come back again, etc, etc, etc…

The best answer is to get registration repealed in Michigan's laws…and this is a step in the right direction…no matter where you get your out-of-state permit!

Just saying...
    Yeah but, NH permit can be completely done in 90 seconds without having to leave my desk at work. AZ requires me to get up and get prints. I'm lazy, worth it!

PT or SCG, did you guys include a copy of your MI CPL with the application? The walkthrough on USCCA states it’s required, but I don’t see it on the application?
    Negative. They used to require it, but got rid of that requirement at the beginning of 2019
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast