Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    And this whole time all I thought about was Tom only being 5' 07" tall.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by dramey82 View Post
    And this whole time all I thought about was Tom only being 5' 07" tall.
    I don't hit my head on as many things as others!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Not sure why this was even an issue. Did anyone actually bother to read the law?

RSA 159:6 clearly says protections, all proper purposes, and hunting are all valid reasons for the license.

It's literally spelled out in black and white. New Hampshire firearm law is very easy to read and understand.

Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    I forgot to change my address on my FL Non Res CPL and let it lapse.... application was fairly uninvolved but required prints, pictures and a notary stamp, I don’t remember the fee but was something like $110 for 7 years.

I’ve been meaning to work on another Non Res permit, NH looks to be the one to get just from the simplicity, despite the fee.
    Florida requires prints for non residents every time they are issued a license, even for renewals.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    For sure with me!

I think the reason for NH's change in CPL proof is, their laws changed back in 2017 and they are now "constitutional carry" (no permit required).
    They are still more than happy to take $100 from residents and non-residents that want a card anyway...
    $10 for residents.

It used to be $20 for non-residents but the democrats faced a budget crunch in 2007 and quietly raised it to $100.

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Yeah but, NH permit can be completely done in 90 seconds without having to leave my desk at work. AZ requires me to get up and get prints. I'm lazy, worth it!

Negative. They used to require it, but got rid of that requirement at the beginning of 2019
    They administratively added the home state permit requirement in 1996. It was amended in 2004 to require any out of state permit. Then around 2011 or so, they went back to home state permit.

The Supreme Court of NH struck the rule down in 2016 in Bach v N.H. Department of Safety.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared1981 View Post
    Not sure why this was even an issue. Did anyone actually bother to read the law?

RSA 159:6 clearly says protections, all proper purposes, and hunting are all valid reasons for the license.

It's literally spelled out in black and white. New Hampshire firearm law is very easy to read and understand.
    There was another thread, I'm to lazy to go find it where this was argued extensively and it got kind of ugly. There were those arguing the clear wording of the law and others who swore someone told them it happened. Even a link to another forum where someone claimed to have been denied for putting down self defense. On the back of the application it says-
    A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more
    of these reasons must be noted on the application, in the space provided for reason(s) for which you make application to carry
    a pistol in New Hampshire.
    So there were those arguing it must say protection or all proper purposes or both. PT confirmed the answer for us. Maybe there was a time when they denied permits for not explicitly wording it a particular way but considering how loose they are in giving them out in didn't make sense to most of us.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    There was another thread
    It is linked in the OP of this thread!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    It is linked in the OP of this thread!
    LOL, like I said lazy....

I am a Forum User
    I went the NH rout because when I called the Dearborn PD to see when they did prints the lady informed me it was up to her discretion weather or not to take prints. With the hassle she has given me before I didn't want to deal with it again.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast