Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

An outlandish scenario

For the sake of discussion...and nothing else...

I saw something similar to this as a meme, and am curious how this would work out in a legal sense.

Say I wanted to Form 1 a home made suppressor. I get the stamp, and manufacture a suppressor. The way I manufacture said suppressor, is by drilling two holes in my personal vehicle (stay with me, this gets weird). One hole in the passenger door, and the other in my drivers side door. On the drivers side door, I weld on a 1/2x28 thread adapter to the hole. I have now effectively created a very large single chamber suppressor that just happens to be on wheels with its own power source for easy mobility.

1: would theft of the vehicle now be considered a theft of an NFA device.

2: if the lien holder of the vehicle was notified of this, would they be able to legally repossess said vehicle now that the vehicle is considered an NFA item that is registered solely to me.

(I did not think of this myself, nor do I think it’s a sound idea in any way, I’m merely paraphrasing for the sake of logical discussion/ entertainment)

I am a Forum User
    Baffling question for sure..would the host be pinned and welded on,,the reason I ask is that alone puts the weapon outside of the vehicle and quite possibly wouldn't need to be in a case under Mi law. Defiantly would give the repo man or potential car thief pause when slim jimming the door it's welded to...have to be pretty confident in their ignition skills to sit in the blast chamber while slamming the ignition. Sorry I skipped the question I got sidetracked with my own ideas..

Edit: this pinned and welded combo might fall under AOW...I would just call the ATF and ask, please record the conversation for the rest of us.

If the vehicle has a loan/lein against it, can it be legally modified to an NFA item without getting the approval of lein holder? What gets the serial number (doors, body)? Is it still an NFA item with doors removed by repo? Put the holes in window posts maybe?

Would you be able to have other people in the suppressor that aren't on your trust? And the real question, would the police know the laws if you were pulled over in your suppressor?

Dice

I am a Forum User
    The can has AC, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Quads View Post
    The can has AC, right?
    Strictly for the purpose of cooling the baffles under rapid fire.

Would you have to take it to a SOT to have the suppressor worked on if you were involved in a finder bender or needed mechanical work? Would spare car parts be considered extra suppressor parts?

I am a Forum User
    What would be the decibel loss in such a large expansion chamber, about zero?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    What would be the decibel loss in such a large expansion chamber, about zero?
    Name:  D4AA0B9C-400B-4F99-9E5C-7DB4B64E150F.jpeg
Views: 303
Size:  48.8 KB

I am a Forum User
    What on earth is mounted on that pedestal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast