Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Board of Directors

HB 5116 & 5020 of 2019 - Procedure for Setting Aside Non-Violent Firearms Related Felonies & Eligibility for CPL

HB 5116 of 2019
    Criminal procedure; expunction; eligibility for concealed pistol license after setting aside certain convictions; clarify. Amends 1927 PA 372 (MCL 28.421 - 28.435) by adding sec. 2c. TIE BAR WITH: HB 5020'19
    Last Action: 10/17/2019 bill electronically reproduced 10/17/2019

HB 5020 of 2019
    TIE BAR WITH above bill
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Per HB 5020:

As used in this act, "nonviolent firearm-related felony" means a violation of the laws of this state that is either punishable by imprisonment for more than 1 year, or that is expressly designated as a felony, and that involves the possession of a firearm by the defendant but that does not involve the use of a firearm by the defendant in a violent manner.
    This sounds like a perfect fit for Shyster's client that he spoke of at the Second Amendment March. He became a felon because his CPL was expired. No victim, no violence.

HB 5116 says, in a bit of a convoluted way, that an individual that has their non-violent firearms related felony set-aside IS eligible for a CPL.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.