Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Ruger American Ranch 350 Legend scope recommendations

I'm not a hunter, so I'm looking for recommendations for a customer. He's picking up a couple of Ruger American Ranch rifles in 350 Legend caliber for lower peninsula deer hunting. Looking for suggestions for decent scopes that won't break the bank. My guess is something with not too much magnification, as the effective range of the straight-walled 350 Legend is, what, 200-250 yards? TIA.

I would go with the same power range as most would with any other medium game rifle, 2x7 or 3x9. You will find a bit of magnification helps on the range sighting in or just practicing while you can still adjust it to meet your hunting conditions.
    As far as brands Nikon, Vortex, Leupold or Burris all make decent scopes in the low/medium price range that would work as do most other makers. I would stay away from “cheap” Mart store scopes and stay with a recognized good quality brand and model. There is nothing worse then trying to sight in your rifle and find the “clicks” do not represent their true values or find you can’t get your scope to focus for your eye.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Leupold VX Freedom 350 Legend
    Or
    Vortex Crossfire II if you don’t want to spend the $$

good suggestions I was thinking 3x9 nikon, vortex, or leupold as well.

Thats a high value good stuff, good warranties, not too much fanciness you do not need, or cannot avail yourself of.

MGO Member
    I looked at a lot of scopes for my 350L build. The best bang for the buck seems to be Vortex. You can get a 2-7x vortex crossfire 2 for $130 or the 3-9 version for $150 on amazon. I wouldn't go cheaper than that. The 2-7 is going on my 350L.
    Last edited by Garymac; 10-19-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

athlon optics I have no experience with but a number of guys on here really hype them up, a camera shop out east a few months back had some crazy deals, I was going to get an illuminated 3x9 or something like that for some ridiculous price to hunt with in the dark woods at my cousins cabin.

If you hunt open fields maybe not such a big deal, its so gray and shadowy where I hunt I want my next scope to have an illuminated red dot.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    athlon optics I have no experience with but a number of guys on here really hype them up, a camera shop out east a few months back had some crazy deals, I was going to get an illuminated 3x9 or something like that for some ridiculous price to hunt with in the dark woods at my cousins cabin.

If you hunt open fields maybe not such a big deal, its so gray and shadowy where I hunt I want my next scope to have an illuminated red dot.

Camera Land?
    I’ve bought optics from them a couple times in the past. Great company to do business with and good prices to boot.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    I mounted a 1-6X Athlon on mine, hoping to sight it in next week. Got it from Camera Land when they were on sale.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Camera Land?
    I’ve bought optics from them a couple times in the past. Great company to do business with and good prices to boot.
    It sounds about right, someone one her was linking to them, I had never heard of them but the prices were really attractive for an illuminated 3x9

MGO Member
    Get a Sig Sauer whiskey 3 in 3-9. Comes with free ballistic turret. Great glass for the money

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast