Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AR Drum Magazine Recommendations

Good Morning Everyone:
    I've been a 30 round magazine guy, never giving much thought to anything larger than that. I am thinking about buying one or two drum magazines, but do not know about their reliability. Which very large capacity mag would you guys recommend?
    Thanks in Advance, and Regards,
    Costanza
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

I wouldn't trust any of those double drums out there. The Magpul D60 seems to be pretty reliable from what I have seen though.

I am a Forum User
    Magpul D60. Let me know if you want some!

I am a Forum User
    I ran a couple Magpul D60's for a while. They run great. No issues.
    Everyone wants to shoot a drum, until it's time to reload.

I am a Forum User
    Magpul D60. Its tough, runs great, and is very simple to take apart to clean or if you manage to jam it when unloading.

I am a Forum User
    Magpul D60 though in that capacity and price range you can get the Surefire 60rnd quad stack. For less than half the price you could also buy the new Schmeisser 60rnd polymer quad stack mags which seem to be doing pretty well.

MGO Board of Directors

X-15 50 Round AR 15 High Capacity Magazine for the AR15

I have a half dozen of these. They work GREAT!
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

Not a drum, but the Schmeisser S60’s have worked great for me. Less than half the cost of a Surefire, more simple, and just work. Even with steel.

S60 coffin magazine

Banned
    Surefire is junk. They make mediocre flashlights, silencers that don't silence, QD mounts that don't D, and their magazines were problematic on a good day.

MWG 9 rd snail drum works great in my MG. Though I had to file down a bit on the side so it wouldn't hit my mag release.

BetaCo CMAG took some breaking in. DEFINITELY prefers brass over steel. Sometimes a malfunction, though that may be due to using it with an open bolt MG. I did have it jam up once and leave half the rounds, 50 in one side, in the drum. Had to disassemble the feed tower.

Magpul I have yet to use. Their 30 and 40 round mags work great. Just not keen on spending that much to have a 60rd drum. The point of a drum is to be as close to 100rds as possible.

X Products X15, I've never heard anything bad. I'd consider one for my 308 SCAR. No point with the MG.

I am a Forum User
    I was just watching an AR reliably video. The gas tube was red hot after a few hundred rounds of full auto, but the gun kept running on 30 and 60 round mags.

The failure came 5-7 rounds in to the 100 round drum. FTF. The user dropped the drum. The stuck round cooked off, out of battery, in the chamber. I bet the gun would have kept running on standard magazines.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast