Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

asking for a friend, most reliable, or very reliable best value 22 semi auto, not named ruger mk 4

Friend asked me what I would get, said mk4. Then browning if he wants new, look at old highpowers but he is not really in internet guy so thats not going to happen.

So out of all the poly stuff from sw, walther, the ruger sr22, etc etc etc in that vein whats regarded as the least fussy, most reliable.

Something 3.5-5 inch barrel, conventional looking for plinking up at the cabin. Not competition.

Yes I tried to get him on board a 22/45 he was not having it.

MGO Member
    The S&W MP22/C is considered a pretty reliable gun. I have two SR22s which are pretty reliable. Bought one and it was so much fun I bought another. I bought both mine used as I don't think they are worth the cost new. The Taurus TX22 is considered a good, reliable and hi-capacity 22 plinker. Better value than either the Smith or Ruger. Don't know anything about the Walther.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

The Buckmark or S&W Victory would be my 1st choices.
    I've had a couple people tell me they were very happy with the Browning 1911-22lr, but I have no personal 1st hand experience with it.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    I've had a couple people tell me they were very happy with the Browning 1911-22lr, but I have no personal 1st hand experience with it.
    I mentioned the SW victory as well, since I know he has sw wheel guns, I think this might be partly for his kid to think its cool, he just said he doesn't like the looks of sw vict, browing buckmark, ruger mk4 etc. Disappointing he is being so fussy.

MK4 is obviously the best choice but he is not having it. Because of looks. Hes usually not like this.

I am a Forum User
    Ruger MKIII

I have two SR22's and both are good guns but the most reliable .22 I have that eats every ammo I put through it, including bulk ammo, is my Taurus TX22. And the TX22 is a bigger more comfortable for bigger hands than the SR22.

And the 16 + 1 round capacity TX22 sells for $50 to $100 less than the SR22.

Edited to add:
    The TX22 also comes with a threaded barrel and silencer adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by alcoholbanshee View Post
    Ruger MKIII
    no ruger mks. Ill try to convince him. Not everyone has taste as good as you or I.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I have two SR22's and both are good guns but the most reliable .22 I have that eats every ammo I put through it, including bulk ammo, is my Taurus TX22. And the TX22 is a bigger more comfortable for bigger hands than the SR22.

And the 16 + 1 round capacity TX22 sells for $50 to $100 less than the SR22.

Edited to add:
    The TX22 also comes with a threaded barrel and silencer adapter.
    is there any zince stuff on it?

I historically am biased anti taurus minus the pt92 which i do like.

Looking for something no zinc, I am anti zinc/zymek, so is he, he has had cheap 22 lr that were zinc like a long barrel phoenix arms he got for a song, and its still the worst thing he said he ever bought, despite buying it for something like 45-50 bucks on a whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    do you know is the browning all aluminum and steel? No zinc ?

I am a Forum User
    Another vote for the sr22. I love mine.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast