Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Any old MK series will benefit from a Volquartsen exact edge extractor! Best upgrade you can make, bar none. Pita to put in, but once it’s in, no more extraction issues, stove pipes, will run like a Swiss watch
    I'll have to talk to him about this.

Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    they are pretty inexpensive as well. Its a n-brainer. Get him it as a stocking stuffer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLQUARTSEN...24eccc73d09ddd

I just ordered one for my new MK IV, just for giggles.
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    they are pretty inexpensive as well. Its a n-brainer. Get him it as a stocking stuffer
    I think I will. I just looked up how to change it out and it looks pretty straight forward. I asked Dad what mode it is, and it's a Mark 1 from the 70s that my grandpa bought new. I'll have to get it out when I'm home for the holidays.

I think I will. I just looked up how to change it out and it looks pretty straight forward. I asked Dad what mode it is, and it's a Mark 1 from the 70s that my grandpa bought new. I'll have to get it out when I'm home for the holidays.
    I'd give it a really good cleaning and lube, being sure to get under the extractor which will get caked with greasy soot quite fast if waxy lubed lead bullets have been used in it. Then test and see how it runs with fresh high velocity ammo, not std vel or sub-sonic. You may just save yourself the trouble and expense of a new extractor that really is not needed. 22 autos are notorious for grime and grit build up in the action with just moderate round count.
    I hear people complain at the range often that they are having problems with 22 autos, only to find out they are trying to run the wrong ammo or the gun is dry and grittier then Death Valley. Mk 1's are a pretty dependable pistol and with just a bit of care they tend to run very well.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

Gunsmither makes a tool for extractors

I second the exact edge extractor. This works very well to change it.

https://www.tandemkross.com/Gunsmith...ool_p_140.html

Quote Originally Posted by tenthumbs View Post
    I second the exact edge extractor. This works very well to change it.

https://www.tandemkross.com/Gunsmith...ool_p_140.html

Thank you for that!
    Active airport shooter

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    I'd give it a really good cleaning and lube, being sure to get under the extractor which will get caked with greasy soot quite fast if waxy lubed lead bullets have been used in it. Then test and see how it runs with fresh high velocity ammo, not std vel or sub-sonic. You may just save yourself the trouble and expense of a new extractor that really is not needed. 22 autos are notorious for grime and grit build up in the action with just moderate round count.
    I hear people complain at the range often that they are having problems with 22 autos, only to find out they are trying to run the wrong ammo or the gun is dry and grittier then Death Valley. Mk 1's are a pretty dependable pistol and with just a bit of care they tend to run very well.
    I understand that 22s require more care than other calibers, but my dad's Ruger is very picky. My wife has a Colt 22 1911 and it eats up any ammo I feed it and I don't clean it nearly enough. Not all 22s are equal.

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    Thank you for that!
    You're welcome. Next best thing to a third hand!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567