Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

take sloppiness out of hinge on ati sks folding stock.

Ok I bought this literally decades ago and never used it, bought it circa 1994, its labeled combat armory, the precursor to ati.

Has anyone ever glued these open with 3m auto body structural adhesive ?

The wobble makes it unusable in my opinion.

I am a Forum User
    Nutnfancy tried a Tapco folding stock a long time ago for an AK and had to JB-weld it open because of wobble. I would look for an ATI fixed stock if you want the pistol grip. Tapco makes a stock with a tele-stock as well. I imagine 3M auto body adhesive would work fantastically.

Any way to jam some string in the hinge to tighten it?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

any chance you can slather one side with release agent and then put some eboxy/jbweld/etc on the other side to take out some of the slop?
    folding is a nice feature sometimes, would be a shame to lose it.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I thought ati made a pin you put in there to lock it open, I had seen them before, I was not sure if it locked it and took the slop out, I guess its not a big deal, I have the fiberglass jungle stock, factory wood, and this one. Just wanted to try it with pistol grip and see how it goes.