Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Is there a company selling aftermarket easy to view / load pistol magazines?

I have an M&P Shield 9mm. I think it is difficult (a) to see how many rounds are inside the magazine (yes, when it's outside the pistol), and (b) it is difficult to load the magazine by hand (I prefer not to purchase a speedloader). I would like to find a replacement 9mm magazine that is either transparent or has a big slot down the side like the Smith & Wesson 380 easy mag you see in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=AEKPz9MeM7k The 380 mag has a highly visible vertical slot and it also has a thumb tab on the side to pull the spring down and make loading easy. I checked the manufacturer's website for a replacement 9mm magazine with features like the 380 mag, nothing listed. My question to this forum is whether anyone has come across an aftermarket company providing magazines like this. Thanks in advance for your input.

OP, welcome aboard MGO!

While I don't consider it to be a speedloader, have you considered an Uplula to reload your mags with? I found it to be a thumb-saver, especially when jamming those last couple of rounds into my mags. And, you can get a single-stack adapter for them, as well. I use mine all the time.

MGO Member
    Mag springs are stiff by design to make sure they feed properly.
    Most mags get easier the more they are used.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    I like my Uplula, it works with a bunch of my different magazines.

MGO Member
    Uplula for sure for loading magazines. Makes it much easier.

For the round count, can you drill a few holes in strategic places in your current magazines to see?
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    Uplula for sure for loading magazines. Makes it much easier.
    Another vote for the Uplula.

For the round count, can you drill a few holes in strategic places in your current magazines to see?
    My factory Shield 9mm mags have numbered holes in them already. I don't see the OP's problem.

Probably only has two, not ten, thumbs. Just guessin' here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    Probably only has two, not ten, thumbs. Just guessin' here.

MGO Member
    While I don't have a shield, almost all of my pistol mags have holes - some every 2nd or 3rd round, a few every 5th round (glock every round). Yes, not as easy to see though like with a "clear" mag though (ie ETS). So I either count as I load, or look at the holes - never felt it an issue - for me anyway. I'll heartily echo the uplula suggestion as a time and thumb saver! I'll also add the obvious that any new mag (especially after market ones) be thoroughly tested before using them for personal protection - and with your expensive carry ammo. If it's just a range mag it is not as important.