Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

looking for a new scope

Picked up a weatherby mark v accumark in 30-06 and she needs some new glass. I want this to be my do all rifle from Michigan whitetails to antelope out west with some longer range target shooting in there.
    Ive always shot leupold so I was thinking a vx-5hd 3-18. I recently picked up an acog tho and the glass is unlike any of the leupolds ive owned so it got me thinking. What else am I missing? Anything else I should be considering in the same category?
    thanks in advance

I am a Forum User
    A buddy of mine was shooting a US optic rifle scope. I was blown away at the sharpness and clarity. Not sure it would look right on a Weatherby but the optic quality was breathtaking. I noticed that they had a couple of models at Jays if you want to take a look through them

I am a Forum User
    Athlon Midas HMR. Have both MOA and BDC reticle choices. Best bang for under $500. HD Glass, SFP, Advanced Fully Multicoated, Capped Elevation & Windage Turrets, Illuminated Reticle, 30mm Tube and lifetime warranty. I'm a dealer and could drop ship one to you for a great price. PM me if interested.

https://athlonoptics.com/product-cat...pes/midas-hmr/

Be sure when comparing glass to keep it apples to apples. A low power with a 32 mm objective will usually appear brighter then a high magnification scope with a 40mm objective.
    I’d look at Vortex’s upper grade, or Athlons similar offerings. Burris makes some very nice stuff but some of it tends be heavier then like scopes from Leupold or Nikon.
    If you are not afraid of high dollar then Nightforce or March are probably the best out there today.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    I had a feeling that there would be a difference, but I checked ot on the 4 power setting. It was the first time i thought about branching out from leupold if im truly missing out
    That being said im going to be in the 1k range with the leupold so the nightforces are out (right?)
    Ill definitely be looking at all of the mentions above^^

well if you like the acog trijicon makes scopes as well.