Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MGO Board of Directors

Waterfowl bag limit

Was informed by a CO yesterday that if you hit a duck/goose and it keeps flying (or you cannot find it in the marsh) that you must include it in your daily bag limit.

"You may not kill or wound any migratory game bird without making a reasonable attempt to retrieve it and include it in your daily bag limit."

I poofed one and it kept flying. Since he claimed I had to add it to my bag limit and I did not have it in hand for positive identification, I told the CO that I thought it could have been a merganser but I had no proof. Good to go.

I see the same language in the hunting guide for deer or any other species of game.

So keep that in mind if you ever hit a deer and cannot find it. You probably don't want to add that to your conversation with the CO as he's checking your license. "No luck today. I hit one yesterday, but I didn't find any blood. I must have shot high."
    "Oh?"
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    I thought that was common knowledge...limits are set to try and manage healthy populations, you not being a good shot/taking a shot you were incapable of making or being unable to find the animal doesn’t change the fact that it is dead or probably soon will be

MGO Board of Directors

What would make this even worse is shooting a deer, seeing it run 60 yards and expire when the last 10 are ontol the posted private property next door.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by matt11 View Post
    What would make this even worse is shooting a deer, seeing it run 60 yards and expire when the last 10 are ontol the posted private property next door.
    I would make a mad dash and get my deer.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Didn't Ted Nugent get into hot water when his arrow bounced off a bear and he didn't use that tag?https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=s7lsZ_1571313732

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Kilt Guy View Post
    I would make a mad dash and get my deer.
    not on my property without permission.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by wsr View Post
    I thought that was common knowledge...
    I don't know of a single hunter that has EVER said "I hit one bad. We did not find it, but I'm done for the season because my tag is invalid."
    I don't know of a single hunter that has even mentioned knowing that this is the law.
    So... prolly no so common.

doesn’t change the fact that it is dead or probably soon will be
    Oh man... for all the deer that I have shot and killed that have arrows in them, old bullet holes and pus-filled sacs... the deer that I have seen hobbling in the woods on three legs - they are survivors. More so than we are by a long shot!

shoot me ANYWHERE in my body and see if I run 100 yards.
    "But then there are plenty of gun folks who think no one should rock the boat because it might piss off the anti gun crowd/politicians and cause even more gun control." - Bikenut
    Submissive gun rights advocates need to lose their submissiveness before we lose our 2A rights.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackam View Post
    I don't know of a single hunter that has EVER said "I hit one bad. We did not find it, but I'm done for the season because my tag is invalid."

I didn’t say everybody followed the rules...

I don't know of a single hunter that has even mentioned knowing that this is the law.
    So... prolly no so common.

People usually aren’t very vocal about committing crimes

Oh man... for all the deer that I have shot and killed that have arrows in them, old bullet holes and pus-filled sacs... the deer that I have seen hobbling in the woods on three legs - they are survivors. More so than we are by a long shot!

shoot me ANYWHERE in my body and see if I run 100 yards.
    I’ve found way more that have died from bad shots or lazy hunters

We were taught very different ways of hunting obviously

MGO Board of Directors

I don't doubt that you are right, but you have to admit that not every hit deer is a dead deer. Many survive.

I guess so! I still believe that the majority of deer hunters have no idea that their tag is invalid if they wound a deer. I didn't, and I read the game laws and try to stay within the law. I'm not an anomaly.

I am a Forum User

When you go deer hunting I assume you only take ONE bullet ..... right?
    Once you have shot that, you are done hunting.
    Does anyone else in your hunting camp follow your idea of what "harvest an antlered deer" in the hunting digest means?

I know I don't & none of the hunters I have ever known do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast