Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

In Memoriam Forum User

Question DPMS PTR Mil-Spec or Commercial Buffer Tube?

Factory stock DPMS PTR, is the buffer tube mil-spec or commercial? I haven't had a chance to pull the original stock from the tube to measure. Hoping someone knows?

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    I'd give their customer service a jingle 1-800-578-3767...but from what I've read over at ar15.com, the consensus is that the majority of their rifles use commercial buffer tubes...but call them just to be sure.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mudoven View Post
    I'd give their customer service a jingle 1-800-578-3767...but from what I've read over at ar15.com, the consensus is that the majority of their rifles use commercial buffer tubes...but call them just to be sure.
    When I called DPMS support they thought I was talking about a H&K when I mentioned PTR in my email. TPR is their own designation for "Precision Tactical Rifle". I should have said TPR. In any event, I would have thought he knew what I meant.
    Last edited by VIGILANT; 12-09-2019 at 01:05 PM.

MGO Member
    Looked at DPMS website, TPR is their designation for Tactical Precision Rifle. It is listed as a Magpul MOE rifle stock. Magpul website lists this as fitting rifle style buffer tube without A-2 spacer. If you are thinking about an adjustable carbine style stock, you will need to buy complete buffer tube assembly and butt stock of your choice. Hope this helps with your choices.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Model12gunner View Post
    Looked at DPMS website, TPR is their designation for Tactical Precision Rifle. It is listed as a Magpul MOE rifle stock. Magpul website lists this as fitting rifle style buffer tube without A-2 spacer. If you are thinking about an adjustable carbine style stock, you will need to buy complete buffer tube assembly and butt stock of your choice. Hope this helps with your choices.
    My bad! No wonder, I guess I was the one who confused him. OMG I really need to get some sleep!!! I ended up leaving the stock, stock so to speak.

MGO Member
    When you sleep maybe you'll dream of all things AR and be totally overwhelmed with your choices.��

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Model12gunner View Post
    I wanted to mount a Magpul PRS® GEN3 Precision-Adjustable Stock on it and that stock appears to fit just about any buffer tube. It comes with an adapter to fit a full length rifle buffer tube and an adapter to fit a carbine buffer tube. I bought the PRS but it was heavier than I expected and chose to leave the MOE rifle stock on. Anyone considering a PRS stock you will be impressed at how well it's designed and built!