Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Judge Strikes Ban of AR-15s, ‘High Cap’ Magazines

Judge Strikes Pittsburgh Ban on Use of AR-15s, ‘High Cap’ Magazines

AP Photo/Charles Krupa, File

By AWR Hawkins
    Breitbart
    30 Oct 2019

The Allegheny Court of Common Pleas on Monday struck down Pittsburgh’s ban on the use of AR-15s inside city limits.

Breitbart News reported Pittsburgh Mayor Bill Peduto (D) signed the ban on AR-15 usage April 9, 2019. WJAC reported other aspects of the gun control banned “most uses of armor-piercing ammunition and high-capacity magazines.” The controls signed by Peduto were also intended to allow guns to be seized from individuals via a Red Flag Law.

WESA reported Allegheny County Judge Joseph James found all the controls “void and unenforceable,” due to the state’s preemption statute.

A preemption law means a city or municipality is barred from passing gun controls that exceed those existing at the state level.

The NRA-ILA’s Jason Ouimet praised the ruling, saying, “This is a huge victory for law-abiding gun owners and everyone who values freedom in the Keystone state. Cases like this underscore the peoples’ need for judges who will faithfully interpret the law in defense of their rights and liberties.”

What would happen if states decided to nullify the state-level preemption statutes and/or laws? Would that then allow municipalities, or other forms of local government, to create their own firearms laws?

MGO Board of Directors

A good job by Adam Kraut
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    What would happen if states decided to nullify the state-level preemption statutes and/or laws? Would that then allow municipalities, or other forms of local government, to create their own firearms laws?
    I think Illinois is a good example to look at.