Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I clean mine out with CLP every time I shoot it. I don’t give it a chance to accumulate. This device has more than 1000 rounds through it, mostly junk Tula and wolf. Not a spec of carbon.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I'm going to try using clp, and possibly a piece of plastic to help scrape some of the carbon off.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    I clean mine out with CLP every time I shoot it. I don’t give it a chance to accumulate. This device has more than 1000 rounds through it, mostly junk Tula and wolf. Not a spec of carbon.
    Nice! I'm certain the CLP helps to prevent the carbon buildup to some degree and makes it easier to clean when it does.

A clean gun is just as important as clean underwear! You never know when a bad guy might be staring down your barrel!

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    Nice! I'm certain the CLP helps to prevent the carbon buildup to some degree and makes it easier to clean when it does.

A clean gun is just as important as clean underwear! You never know when a bad guy might be staring down your barrel!
    When I clean, I do leave a thin layer of CLP behind. I typically wipe everything down with a wet patch, and then add a small drop to friction areas. I do the same for my brakes too. Many thousands of rounds through my AK and FAL, with not a spec of carbon on them.

For the BCG, I use a heated sonic cleaner for about 30 minutes. The carbon just falls away. Best $100 I’ve spent on cleaning gear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12