Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Thread: Gun Finishes

I am a Forum User

Gun Finishes

I’m bringing a old hunting rifle back to life. Part of the plan is to refinish the action/barrel on it. I can google my hearts desire on bluing and Cerakote/duracote. I’m interested in PVD without doing major reading on it. Anyone in the state doing it? Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by gltucker View Post
    I’m bringing a old hunting rifle back to life. Part of the plan is to refinish the action/barrel on it. I can google my hearts desire on bluing and Cerakote/duracote. I’m interested in PVD without doing major reading on it. Anyone in the state doing it? Any other suggestions?
    do you want to drive there and drop it off in person?

If not it would not matter if its out of state, unless of course you are simply trying to support local shops, which by all means I support as well.

I just do not know who does pvd on the east side of the state, lots of places do cerakote. There was a shop a mile from my house. Many more guys doing it.

Of the other options look at np3 https://robarguns.com/blog/2013/08/2...-nickel-boron/

I do not know anyone with it, I just have read its pretty cool, seems legit.

I am a Forum User
    I don’t mind driving somewhere within the state. I just struggle with shipping and allowing it to eat the budget up.

I am a Forum User
    Depends on if you want it to look 100% original/authentic or do you want it to be beautiful/functional. If you want the former then get it blued. If you want the later then get it Cerakoted. Cerakote is the top coating for function and longevity. It also happens to be the easiest to locate and the less expensive option.

+1 for Cerakote! I have had Dan do many items, soon to be some more, and Cerakote looks great and has fantastic wear resistance. I tend to use a lot of harsh solvents in my cleaning process and Cerakote has been the only coating to withstand them.
    "Golf is a good walk spoiled" - Mark Twain