Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

Gunsmith recommendations

Looking for recommendations for a gunsmith that can drill & tap a Rutgers Mark ll to mount a rail. I’m in Livonia area.

I am a Forum User
    Ken Kubin in Farmington Hills.

I feel like gunsmith recommendations should be a sticky or something, feels like every couple months there is some new thread asking for gunsmith recommendations.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    I feel like gunsmith recommendations should be a sticky or something, feels like every couple months there is some new thread asking for gunsmith recommendations.
    It's forum culture. It should be, but people are lazy and don't read them. They don't search either, or if they do, the results are useless because the search index is broked.
    Search "livonia gunsmith" gives you 382 results.

The first sticky in the Legal Forum is what to do when a family member dies. Yet a thread asking how to transfer dead guys guns comes up regularly.
    Same with gunsmiths, NFA forms, Trusts, mailing via USPS, RI-060's, arf pistols, out of state purchases, etc.

For the record, I'm not singling out the OP. I try to use the search feature and can't find half the crap I'm looking for anyways.
    It's just part of a discussion forum culture and the architecture of the platform in general. Great for discussions now, horrible for archival and future growth or later reference.
    Last edited by Quads; 11-07-2019 at 08:23 AM.

I am a Forum User
    The problem with a gunsmith sticky is that different smiths are good at different things.