Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

P226 for Suppressor Host or ?

I recently picked up a .22 suppressor for my 10/22 and enjoyed it so much I decided I'd get my first 9mm suppressor as well. I was going back and forth on what handgun with a threaded barrel to choose (because I need another excuse to buy a new gun) and was leaning towards a PPQ Q4 or M9A3. I already have a P226 and have seen several people state the P226 is one of the best suppressor hosts out there, and would just need a drop in TB in my case. I'm looking to minimize noise as much as possible and blowback.

Anything I overlooked or is a P226 likely going to be my best option? Just looking for handguns at this time, not looking to add a sub gun or AR suppressed at this time.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    I recently picked up a .22 suppressor for my 10/22 and enjoyed it so much I decided I'd get my first 9mm suppressor as well. I was going back and forth on what handgun with a threaded barrel to choose (because I need another excuse to buy a new gun) and was leaning towards a PPQ Q4 or M9A3. I already have a P226 and have seen several people state the P226 is one of the best suppressor hosts out there, and would just need a drop in TB in my case. I'm looking to minimize noise as much as possible and blowback.

Anything I overlooked or is a P226 likely going to be my best option? Just looking for handguns at this time, not looking to add a sub gun or AR suppressed at this time.
    I have both a VP9SK and a VP9T that I run suppressed and I like it. I don't have experience with other hosts but the forums usually list the VP9 as a "good suppressor host." I think the PPQ is extremely similar to the VP9 so not a bad bet?

As far as blowback, I don't have a lot of experience so I don't know how much is a lot yet. I can tell you that I get enough to obscure the window in the RMR after a half-dozen or so magazines. Maybe cleaner ammo would help there.

Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post

Going through the same thing, I shot a few different pistols and decided on a Springfield XDM OSP and purchased it. Then by some luck(always seems lucky when I spend money I guess!) .. I got a P226 MK-25TB on Gunbroker for 800$ - thing looks almost never shot. I took both to range and I have to admit - the P226 is now my favorite 9mm in my collection. The trigger is good (though my Walther PPQ is slightly better) but overall,while the XDM is decent and ready for optics, the P226 is by far nicer to shoot. It just fits my hand, I like hammer fired pistols, the decocker is very nice addon. While YMMV, I am probably going to sell the XDM even though originally I picked it because the P226 was more than double the price. The money was the big issue, however the deal I got was decent so it just worked out.

The 226 is supposed to be the best mass produced silencer host out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    Going through the same thing, I shot a few different pistols and decided on a Springfield XDM OSP and purchased it. Then by some luck(always seems lucky when I spend money I guess!) .. I got a P226 MK-25TB on Gunbroker for 800$ - thing looks almost never shot. I took both to range and I have to admit - the P226 is now my favorite 9mm in my collection. The trigger is good (though my Walther PPQ is slightly better) but overall,while the XDM is decent and ready for optics, the P226 is by far nicer to shoot. It just fits my hand, I like hammer fired pistols, the decocker is very nice addon. While YMMV, I am probably going to sell the XDM even though originally I picked it because the P226 was more than double the price. The money was the big issue, however the deal I got was decent so it just worked out.
    I've got the P226 Legion that I got used for not much more than that MK-25 that looked pretty much brand new. The trigger is fantastic, it's comfortable, and I shoot it really well. Just need to pick up a barrel and it'd be good to go. But just kind of confirms what I've been seeing about the P226 being a top pick for suppression.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    Great, now I want to try one, which means I'll want to buy one...

I am a Forum User
    Have to second this. I love shooting my P229, but my P226 is amazing to shoot suppressed.

Giving it a little thought -- you think the navy seals picked the first pistol they tried? Got to imagine they tried several and it's not like the M9 is a "bad" pistol. Yet this was the one they went with, got to be a reason I would think. Can't believe they honestly want to trade it for a Glock 19 or the new M17/18 ... but money talks and accountants rule right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    Giving it a little thought -- you think the navy seals picked the first pistol they tried? Got to imagine they tried several and it's not like the M9 is a "bad" pistol. Yet this was the one they went with, got to be a reason I would think. Can't believe they honestly want to trade it for a Glock 19 or the new M17/18 ... but money talks and accountants rule right?
    Pretty sure they're going with the Glock 19 but yeah, I imagine they're getting those Glocks for 50% of what they paid for the Sigs.

I am a Forum User
    HK USP Tactical says otherwise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast