Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: form 4

MGO Member

form 4

hi need some advise, have a form 4 CLEO copy for the sheriff in monroe co. mi. i dont need it signed just turn over to the sheriff. am i correct. thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by dropshot View Post
    hi need some advise, have a form 4 CLEO copy for the sheriff in monroe co. mi. i dont need it signed just turn over to the sheriff. am i correct. thanks in advance
    Just mail it in.

I am a Forum User
    It's just a notification. Transferee and the Transferor would both need to sign it and you just mail it in.

MGO Member
    thanks everyone

I am a Forum User
    I always drop mine off so they cant say they didnt get it. Otherwise, send it certified, so you get proof of delivery with a signature. This is an important document.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns N Glory View Post
    I always drop mine off so they cant say they didnt get it. Otherwise, send it certified, so you get proof of delivery with a signature. This is an important document.
    When you drop it off do you get a receipt? When you send it certified all you have is a receipt that you sent them something. This is one of the many problems with Michigan's transaction registry, you don't get a confirmation that you registered the transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Guns N Glory View Post
    Important to whom?

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    When you drop it off do you get a receipt? When you send it certified all you have is a receipt that you sent them something. This is one of the many problems with Michigan's transaction registry, you don't get a confirmation that you registered the transaction.
    This isn’t about Michigan’s “transaction registry”.

But the principle still applies. You are only required to send it. You have no obligation to ensure it gets there and is dealt with properly.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    This isn’t about Michigan’s “transaction registry”.

But the principle still applies. You are only required to send it. You have no obligation to ensure it gets there and is dealt with properly.
    If they don't enter it or enter it incorrectly then how do you prove that met your obligation to send it?

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    If they don't enter it or enter it incorrectly then how do you prove that met your obligation to send it?
    You tell them you sent it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    You tell them you sent it.
    Oh your right, I'm not going to bother getting a non-resident CPL, if asked I'll just tell them I "sent" it for future transaction registrations. I'm sure that will get me out of the fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast